Nick E. Tarabay
|Nick E. Tarabay|
Tarabay at Florida SuperCon 2014
28 August 1975 |
Nick Emad Tarabay (born 28 August 1975) is a Lebanese-American actor. He is best known for portraying Ashur on the Starz TV series Spartacus.
Tarabay was born in Beirut, Lebanon to a large family. His mother and father still reside in Lebanon as does his younger brother and a large extended family of cousins, uncles and aunts. He moved to New York after high school. As a clothing salesman, he worked for Hugo Boss and Gucci, while studying acting at the T. Schreiber Studio and appearing in Off-Off-Broadway plays. He moved to Los Angeles in 2004, where he studied under Larry Moss and appeared in their studio's staging of John Patrick Shanley's Danny and the Deep Blue Sea.
Tarabay made his television debut as an extra in an episode of Sex and the City (2000). He got another minor role in the The Sopranos (2001–2004), where he played the role of Matush, a drug dealer. He also played a role on when all else fails as the captor in 2005. As well He played a role in the 2008's television series Crash, in which he played character, Axel Finet, a hot-tempered police lieutenant. He was not brought back for the second season.
Tarabay played a central supporting role in the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Vengeance in the character of Ashur, a former gladiator who was injured and now is used as an agent and spy. He also appears in the prequel miniseries Spartacus: Gods of the Arena with the same role prior to his injury, as well as the sequel to Blood and Sand, Spartacus: Vengeance.
More recently, Tarabay played a role in the seventh season of USA Network's Burn Notice as "Dexter Gamble." Additionally, Tarabay portrays Reiken in upcoming Brent Ryan Green film The Veil.  He has also been announced to be joining the cast of the CW series Arrow as supervillain Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang. 
- Godbee, Kevin (22 January 2009). "Cigar Smoking Celebrity Interview - Nick Tarabay". Puff. Puff Enterprises. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Perry, Byron (18 June 2008). "D.B. Sweeney, Nick Tarabay". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "Crash". Starz Entertainment. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "Australian Andy Whitfield is 'Spartacus'". The Hollywood Reporter. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Goldberg, Lesley (November 7, 2011). "Starz Renews 'Spartacus' for Third Season". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Burn Notice Episode Guide". USA Network.
- "First Look At Actors William Moseley And Serinda Swan In ‘The Veil’". Knowshi Magazine. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "‘Arrow’ Casts ‘Flash’ Villain ‘Captain Boomerang’". Screenrant. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.