Nick Wright (footballer, born 1987)
|Full name||Nicholas Wright|
|Date of birth||25 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2006||→ Tamworth (loan)||1||(0)|
|2006||→ Bristol City (loan)||4||(0)|
|2006||→ Northampton Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|2007||→ Ashford Town (Kent) (loan)|
|2014||Kidderminster Harriers (loan)||9||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:58, 5 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
In January 2006, Wright joined Conference National strugglers Tamworth on loan. During his spell with the Lambs, Wright appeared in their FA Cup Third Round game against Stoke City. He also played in the replay at The Lamb Ground, in which Tamworth lost 5–4 on penalties.
Wright was sent out on loan to Bristol City on 12 October 2006 to gain first team experience. A month later, Wright had to cut his loan with the Robins short, following the death of his grandfather. He joined Northampton Town on loan at the end of November 2006. He went on to make four appearances for The Cobblers. Wright and Birmingham teammate Asa Hall spent the last month of the 2006–07 season helping Ashford Town (Kent) avoid relegation from the Isthmian League Division One.
On 12 February 2008, Wright scored all three goals in a 3–1 away win at Vauxhall Motors. This was the first time a Tamworth player had scored a hat-trick since Marcus Ebdon's three goals in a 5–0 win against Gresley Rovers in the FA Trophy in January 2005. Just four days later, Wright scored another hat-trick against Hucknall Town in a 4–0 home win.
During September 2008, Tamworth confirmed that former manager Mark Cooper, who is now with Conference National side Kettering Town was making enquires about signing Nick Wright. The Lambs did receive an offer from The Poppies, however it was rejected. Wright was fully aware of the goings on and said he is happy to still be a Tamworth player.
In the subsequent summer Wright left Tamworth, signing for fellow Midlands based Conference National side Kidderminster Harriers on a one-year deal. Wright scored his first goal for the club in a 3–4 home loss to Southport on 17 August 2010, and added a further two goals in a 2–2 draw away to Wrexham seven days later. His fourth goal came in a 3–1 home win against Hayes and Yeading on 11 September 2010, and despite appearing in a further nine games he didn't score again in 2010. 2011 started much more brightly, Wright scoring against former side Tamworth in the third minute on 4 January.
Wright produced one of his most influential performances against Newport County on 9 April 2012 when he recorded a late ten-minute hat-trick to complete an amazing turnaround at Aggborough. Newport, leading 2-0 at half-time, were pegged back by Wright's penalty on the 86th minute before the real drama happened in added time. Wright, who had only come on as a substitute himself in the 62nd minute, scored twice more in the 94th and 96th minutes to seal a 3-2 win.
On 11 June 2012 Wright joined Mansfield Town as a free transfer; Paul Cox, the Mansfield manager said of him "Nick is a young player who has the ability to play in the Football League. He has a good goal scoring ratio, which I feel we can improve on next season. He can play anywhere along the frontline and has pace in abundance,"
Nick joined Lincoln in 2013.
Back to Kidderminster
On 10 March 2014, it was announced that Nick would be re-joining Kidderminster Harriers on loan till the end of the season. Nick went on to make 9 appearances for the Harriers scoring 1 goal which came in a 1-1 draw at Forest Green.
Statistics accurate as of match played 12 April 2014.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2005–06||Birmingham City||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2005–06||Tamworth (loan)||Conference National||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||2||0|
|2006–07||Bristol City (loan)||League One||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||4||0|
|2006–07||Northampton Town (loan)||League One||4||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||5||0|
|2006–07||Ashford Town (Kent) (loan)||Isthmian League Division One||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2007–08||Halesowen Town||Southern League Premier Division||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2010–11||Kidderminster Harriers||Conference National||24||8||2||0||0||0||0||0||26||8|
|2012–13||Mansfield Town||Conference National||17||1||2||0||0||0||0||0||19||1|
|2013–14||Lincoln City||Conference National||19||2||2||0||0||0||0||0||21||2|
|2014–||Kidderminster Harriers(loan)||Conference National||9||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||1|
- "City sign winger Wright on loan". BBC Sport. 12 October 2006. Retrieved 16 February 2008.
- "Wright ends loan spell with City". BBC Sport. 14 November 2006. Retrieved 16 February 2008.
- "Gorman delighted with Wright deal". BBC Sport. 27 November 2006. Retrieved 16 February 2008.
- "Quartet offered new deals". Birmingham City F.C. 14 May 2007. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Clayton, Dave (17 October 2007). "Mills brings in striker". TheLambs.co.uk. Retrieved 12 February 2008.
- Clayton, Dave (12 February 2008). "Wright hat-trick confirmed". TheLambs.co.uk. Retrieved 12 February 2008.
- Clayton, Dave (16 February 2008). "Wright hat-trick sinks Hucknall". TheLambs.co.uk. Retrieved 16 February 2008.
- Clayton, Dave (3 September 2008). "Tamworth Reject Kettering Offer". TheLambs.co.uk. Retrieved 3 September 2008.
- "Wright secures Tamworth promotion". BBC Sport. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 21 April 2009.
- "Striker Nick Wright is put on transfer list by Tamworth". TheLambs.co.uk. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- "Kidderminster sign striker Nick Wright from Tamworth". BBC Sport. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Full-Time: Harriers 3-2 Newport". Kidderminster Harriers Official. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Striker signs on". 11 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.