|Launched||20 December 1996|
|Owned by||Viacom Networks Brasil (Viacom)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audience share||1.5% (2011, )|
|SKY Brasil||Channel 100
Channel 300 (HD)
|Claro TV||Channel 102|
|Oi TV||Channel 92
Channel 592 (HD)
|Vivo TV||Channel 318|
|CTBC TV||Channel 318
Channel 918 (HD)
|GVT TV||Channel 25|
|Vivo TV||Channel 24|
|TV Alphaville||Channel 44|
Channel 441 (HD)
|ORM Cabo||Channel 44|
|Sim TV||Channel 30|
|Cabo Telecom||Channel 405
Channel 842 (HD)
In 1995, Nickelodeon had entered into an agreement with Globosat to extend the availability of the popular channel. Thus, some of Nickelodeon's shows started to air on Multishow. By early-1997, Multishow had stopped displaying the programs at that Nickelodeon just made a Latin American channel.
However, due to the success of Nickelodeon Latin America, Nickelodeon Brazil was launched on 20 August 1998 in Brazil as a children-oriented channel, being the main competitor of Cartoon Network, which was launched 5 years before.
Kids' Choice Awards
The American Awards Kids' Choice Awards Nickelodeon, known as the KCA, which star many stars of public international youth category television film and music, was dubbed for display in Brazil since 1999.
Meus Prêmios Nick
Meus Prêmios Nick (Portuguese for "My Nick Awards"), the Brazilian version of the American Kids' Choice Awards, was launched in 2000, and held annually ever since. The artists most voted by viewers are awarded a hollow orange blimp figurine called "Zeppy".
- Nick Jr. was originally dedicated to the pre-school public, since its debut in early-1999, has gained the public between the ages from 2 to 6 years. Recently, Viacom Networks Brazil and the MTV Networks created the Nick Jr. Channel, which is only available in the operator Via Embratel.
- Nick@Nite arrived in Brazil in 2006. On 5 April 2010, former Nickelodeon cartoons moved to Nick@Nite following Nick Hits' ban. Before the ban, Nick@Nite was never shown on Saturdays.
- Fantabuloso was a block of programming was created in 2005 and was banned in 2006. The block was in the style of TEENick.
- Friday Night Nicktoons aired from 2004 to 2006, during a reformulation of channel. Many programs were removed from the air during its ban. The complaints of the older audience caused Nickelodeon to make a new block in 2009 called Nick Hits.
- Nickelodeon GAS was a regular block based on the American channel that aired from 2000 to 2002. Mostly shows about games and sports, along with former Nickelodeon game shows were shown.
- Nick Hits was a Nickelodeon block devoted to banned Nicktoons, which aired on weekends, from 10 pm to 6 am. It was cancelled in 2010 as all the banned Nicktoons moved to Nick@Nite.
- Nick Patrol was the first 100% Brazilian production of channel. It was for the teenage audience. The program format was very dynamic, lively and interactive, presenting creative and unique attractions to viewers, along with new pictures regularly. The program was canceled in the year 2006.
Casa da Praia
Brazilian version of Summer Beach House was a marathon of Nickelodeon aired on weekday afternoons during the summer on Nickelodeon from late December to early April (summer in most parts of Brazil). It featured Nicktoon cartoon characters hanging out at a beach house during the block. The block was seen weekdays from three to seven PM
Fantabuloso was a block played on Sunday and Saturday nights, similar to TEENick. The block was aimed toward children ages 12–17. The block was replaced for Nick-at-Nite on Saturdays and Nick Hits on Sundays.
Nick at Nite
Nick at Nite was launched in 2006, replacing Fantabuloso, aired weeknights from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. The block was aired seven nights a week until July 2009, when Nick Hits, featuring classic Nicktoons and some live-action series, took over weekend nights.
In 2011, IBOPE pointed that Nickelodeon Brasil ranked seventh among cable channels in total daily viewership, with an average audience of 0.071 million viewers in Brazil. In March 2013, IBOPE released a new list of the most watched channels of cable TV, which recorded an increases of position for the channel, but a significant increase in viewers, 0.950 million.