Nickelodeon is a Danish television channel targeting children.
The channel was launched on March 15, 2008 with the launch of VH1 Denmark, where it was simulcasted between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. From 1996 to 2008, Denmark had been served by the pan-Nordic Nickelodeon Scandinavia. The Pan-Nordic channel continues to be available on satellite.
VH1 stopped simulcasting Nickelodeon around New Year's Eve 2008/2009, which meant that the two channels got their own frequencies in analogue cable networks such as YouSee and Telia Stofa, where Nickelodeon would now be available between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
On September 1, 2009, the channel started broadcasting between 5 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The channel is available on the digital terrestrial Boxer TV platform from November 2009.
Nickelodeon was one of the least watched children's channels in Denmark in 2008, with a viewing share of 0.3 percent among 3-11 year olds. It was surpassed by Disney Channel (15.7 percent share), Cartoon Network (12.0), Toon Disney (2.2), Jetix (2.1) and Playhouse Disney (2.1), with only Boomerang and Nickelodeon's satellite version having a smaller share of the children channels in Denmark.
Nick Jr. programs
- ^ "Toestemming MTV Networks tv stations Denmark". Commissariaat voor de Media. April 1, 2008.
- ^ "Ontheffingsverzoek oorspronkelijk Nederlands- of Friestalige programmaonderdelen".
- ^ "Rekord-år for MTV i Danmark". epn.dk. January 28, 2009.
- ^ "Børnekanalen Nickelodeon får mere plads". Mediawatch.dk. October 10, 2008.
- ^ "Ændringer i Kabel-tv-pakker". YouSee. December 12, 2008.
- ^ "Nickelodeon udvider sendetiden". EnergiMidt. August 12, 2009.
- ^ "Nu får du 2 timers ekstra tv med Nickelodeon". YouSee. August 31, 2009.
- ^ "MTV, VH1 og Nickelodeon på Boxers tv-sendenet" (Press release). Boxer TV A/S. June 30, 2009.
- ^ "Oplysninger om TV reklamer og børn (3. udgave, 2008)". Styrelsen for Bibliotek og Medier. April 30, 2009.