||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Date of birth||30 June 1986|
|Place of birth||Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2004||→ Napoli (loan)||3||(1)|
|2005||→ Pescara (loan)||4||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Sampdoria (loan)||18||(2)|
|2013||→ Siena (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 January 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Signed by AC Milan from then-Serie C1 side Cesena on January 2004, he was successively loaned to Napoli and Pescara, before being sent on loan to Empoli F.C. for two consecutive seasons (2005–06 and 2006–07).
In 2007–08 season, his status was changed to co-owned by both sides, for €750,000 (that season Empoli also signed Luca Antonini (€1M), Lino Marzoratti (€0.75M) and Ignazio Abate (€0.9M) in co-ownership deals), and in 16 June 2008 Empoli got full ownership for €3.25 million (Pozzi) and €1.5 million (Marzoratti ) in exchange of Antonini (€2.9 million) and Abate (€2million) who return to AC Milan.
On December 9, 2007, he scored all four goals in Empoli's 4–1 victory over Cagliari. However, he suffered a season-ending knee injury after netting a brace in a 3–1 defeat of Napoli on February 17, and will be sidelined for six months, effectively ruling him out of the Azzurrini squad for the 2008 Olympics.
Pozzi also represented Italy at the Under-21 level.
On Monday 31 August 2009 Sampdoria announced via their website the loan signing of Pozzi with the option to make the signing permanent. In June 2010, Sampdoria decided to sign him outright, for €5.2 million in 5-year contract.
- "AC Milan Group 2008 Annual Report". AC Milan (in Italian). ca. April 2009. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "Chiusura col botto: è Nicola Pozzi la nuova punta". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 31 August 2009. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Comunicato stampa del 22 Giugno 2010" [Press release 22 June 2010]. Empoli FC (in Italian). 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- UC Sampdoria Report and Accounts on 31 December 2010 (Italian)
- FIGC (Italian)
- Season over for Pozzi – Football Italia, 2/18/08
- Pozzi to Samp (Italian)
- Pozzi to Samp agreement details (Italian)
|This biographical article related to association football in Italy, about a forward born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|