|Full name||Nicolae Claudiu Stanciu|
|Date of birth||7 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Cricău, Romania|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2004–2008||Unirea Alba Iulia|
|2008–2011||Unirea Alba Iulia||36||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Unirea Alba Iulia
Stanciu is a product of Unirea Alba Iulia's youth system, and started in the junior squad when he was 11 years old. On 25 May 2008, he made his first team debut for Unirea Alba Iulia, at 15 years 18 days, coming off from the bench in a 4–1 victory over Corvinul Hunedoara. The 2008-09 campaign was lost by the young midfielder, since he suffered a long-term injury which kept him off the field for almost seven months. On 1 May 2010, Stanciu made his Liga I debut as he came on as a substitute for Nemanja Jovanović, in a 2–1 home win against Steaua București. In June, he was on trial with VfB Stuttgart, but the discrepancy between Stuttgart's offer and Unirea's demands made the transaction collapse. On 20 March 2011, he scored his first goal for Unirea Alba Iulia, in a 3–0 win against Petrolul Ploieşti, and he also wore the captain's armband for the closing stages of the match, following Adrian Câmpeanu's substitution. On 20 August he scored his last goal for his team, in Unirea's opening match against CSM Râmnicu Vâlcea.
During his spell for Unirea Alba Iulia, Stanciu was tracked by various European clubs, including TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Celtic Glasgow, Brescia Calcio and VfB Stuttgart. In May 2010, he had a trial with Chelsea F.C..
On 9 September 2011, Adrian Porumboiu paid Stanciu's release clause, therefore he signed with FC Vaslui. On 9 March 2012, he scored the winning goal against Petrolul Ploiești in his first game for Vaslui.
On 27 March 2013, Steaua București announced the signing (for the next season) of the Vaslui midfielder, with reports putting his price at around €700,000. Stanciu signed a 5-year contract which includes a €20 million buyout clause. At Steaua, he debuted in Europeean competitions, directly in UEFA Champions League, playing in all 10 of Steaua's games in this competition. On 27 August 2013, Stanciu scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League for Steaua in the 2–2 draw with Legia Warsaw, in the play-off round, assuring his club advanced to the group stage.
He was selected in Romania's squad for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship. He played the whole 90 minutes in the first match, losing against the Czech Republic, and scored his side's only goal.
|Unirea Alba Iulia||2007–08||1||0||0||0||-||-||-||1||0|
Statistics accurate as of match played 24 May 2015
- Steaua București
- Liga I: 2013–14
- Romanian Cup: Runner-up: 2013–14
- League Cup: 2014–15
- Romanian Supercup: 2013; Runner-up: 2014
- "Sa fiu noul decar" (in Romanian). Liga 2. 1 August 2011.
- "Stanciu a debutat in prima liga la 17 ani" (in Romanian). Adevarul. 11 May 2010.
- "Alba obtine o victorie de poveste" (in Romanian). Adevarul. 1 May 2010.
- "Stanciu va sustine probe de joc la Stuttgart" (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 1 June 2010.
- "Stuttgart ofera 100.000 de euro pentru Stanciu" (in Romanian). Sport 365. 17 January 2011.
- "Surpriza pe Cetate" (in Romanian). Alba 24. 20 March 2011.
- "Unirea Alba Iulia invinge pe CSM Ramnicu Valcea" (in Romanian). Alba 24. 20 August 2011.
- "Internaţionalul de juniori, Nicuşor Stanciu, va da probe la Hoffenheim :: Seria B2 :: LigaB.RO". Ligab.gsp.ro. 2011-02-08. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "EXCLUSIV: Doi uniriști, în probe la Celtic Glasgow | alba24". Alba24.ro. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Stanciu, dorit de Brescia - Stiri Cluj - Monitorul de Cluj". Monitorulcj.ro. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- Stanciu intră în probe la Chelsea. Realitatea TV, 12 May 2010
- "Stanciu, transferat la Vaslui" (in Romanian). Adevarul. 9 September 2011.
- Nicolae Stanciu: Trebuie sa-mi vad de treaba
- 10 kids for the future
- "FOTO Primele declaraţii ale stelistului Stanciu: "Pentru tata!" » Cît ia Vasluiul de la Steaua în schimbul lui" (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 27 March 2013.
- "LEGIA-STEAUA 2-2 FINAL. Steaua, în GRUPELE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!" (in Romanian). Realitatea. 27 March 2013.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]