|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
April 9, 1966 |
Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
|Spouse(s)||Sara E Ashworth|
Nicolas Babin (born April 9, 1966) is a French businessman and Chief Executive Officer of Groupe Concoursmania.
On May 22, 1993, Nicolas Babin married Sara E. Ashworth. They had two children named John Grant and Philippe Nicolas. He moved to the United States in 1989. In 1991 he moved back to France to serve his country, in 1994 he moved back to the United States and in 1995 he moved to London, England. In 2002, he moved to Brussels, Belgium. In 2004, he moved to Berlin, Germany. He is now back in Bordeaux, France since 2008. He is a world citizen having lived and worked across all continents. Nicolas played a key role representing Sony during its battery recall controversy.
Babin has had a twenty-year international career spanning all continents and over seven countries. Highlights of his career
- Programmer at BNP Paribas in San Francisco (1989–1991)
- Lieutenant of the French Air Force (1991–1992)
- Head of France and Germany for Atwork Health Systems (1992–1994)
- Head of Administration for Cats Software US, Palo Alto, CA (1994–1995)
- Managing Director EMEA for Cats Software in London (UK) (1995–1997). Nicolas also played an integral role in the run up to the company's IPO on Nasdaq in 1995.
- Managing Director for Sony Europe(Etak a unit of the Sony group) in London (1997–2000)
- Managing Director for Sony Entertainment Robot Europe in London and Brussels (2000–2005)
- Director of Corporate Communications Sony Europe in Berlin (2004–2008).
- Chief Operating Officer AT Internet (France) from June 2008 to October 2010
- Chief Executive Officer Groupe Concoursmania (France) from November 2010. Nicolas joins the group as head of B2B product marketing, customer support and international strategy. Nicolas has since worked to bring GCM to the world stage and to its Initial Public Offering on NYSE Euronext Market in Paris.
- Marketing Director Group Digital Solutions & Global Business Development Neopost SA
• He received the Sony Europe President Special Award for his contribution to Sony’s image in 2007
• He received the Sony European award special recognition for enhancement of Sony’s brand image as technology innovator in 2002
- "Dell Details on Notebook Battery Recall". Direct2Dell. 14 August 2006. Archived from the original on 20 August 2006. Retrieved 21 August 2006.
- Duarte, Nancy; Garner, Bryan; Harvard Business Review. The HBR Guide Collection.
- Groupe Concoursmania (2010-10-12). "Groupe ConcoursMania names Nicolas Babin as Chief Executive Office".
- "Message from Mr. Nicolas BABIN high school students!". All Private School St. John Bosco.
1. Web Analytics Association
2. Home Cinema Choice
3. Sony Battle for Digital Home
4. Manage Your Energy Not Your Time
5. Sony Article
6. Customers Straight to your door
7. Sony QROI
8. Konnects Profile
9. Linkedin Profile
10. Web Analytics News
11. Nicolas Babin's Blog
12. Groupe Concoursmania