Nicolas Deschamps (ice hockey)
January 6, 1990 |
LaSalle, PQ, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||173 lb (78 kg; 12 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Hershey Bears (AHL)
|NHL Draft||35th overall, 2008
Nicolas Deschamps (born January 6, 1990) is a Canadian ice hockey forward. He is currently playing for the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL). Deschamp made his professional debut in the AHL in 2009 when he appeared in two games for the Iowa Chops.
He began his junior career in 2007–08, scoring 24 goals and 67 points in 63 games for the Chicoutimi Saguenéens. He won the Michel Bergeron Trophy as the QMJHL's offensive rookie of the year, and was named to both the QMJHL and CHL All-Rookie Teams.
After recording 65 points in 65 games for Chicoutimi in 2008–09, he was assigned to the Chops, appearing in two games before their season also ended. He began the 2009–10 QMJHL season with Chicoutimi, appearing in 31 games before he was traded to the Wildcats.
On January 3, 2012, Deschamps was traded from the Anaheim Ducks to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for left winger Luca Caputi. He was directly assigned to AHL affiliate, the Toronto Marlies, and re-established his scoring presence from his rookie season to record 30 points in 40 games, to help the Marlies reach the Calder Cup finals.
- "Nocholas Deshamps player profile". Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Retrieved 2010-01-24.[dead link]
- "Nicholas Deschamps player profile". The Sports Network. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- Émond, Serge (2009-04-14). "Nicolas Deschamps avec les Ducks en séries" (in French). Cyberpresse. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Deschamps has big impact in Moncton debut as Wildcats beat Halifax 10-1". National Hockey League. 2009-12-27. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Capitals, Maple Leafs announce trade". American Hockey League. 2013-03-14. Retrieved 2013-03-14.