|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Nicole Brewer, Miss Pennsylvania 2005
April 15, 1983 |
|Education||Millersville University of Pennsylvania|
|Title(s)||Miss Allegheny Valley 2005
Miss Pennsylvania 2005
|Miss America 2006 (Top 10)|
Nicole Brewer (born April 15, 1983) is a former Miss Pennsylvania from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who now works as a news reporter.
As a junior and senior in college, Brewer won two local pageant titles, including Miss Central Pennsylvania 2004 and Miss Allegheny Valley 2005. In her second attempt at the state title, she won the Miss Pennsylvania 2005 title on July 2, 2005 in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. On January 21, 2006, Nicole competed in the nationally televised Miss America pageant, making it into the top ten final contestants, ultimately losing to Jennifer Berry of Oklahoma.
Brewer graduated from Marple Newtown Senior High School in 2001 and Millersville University of Pennsylvania in 2005, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in speech communications. During her college years, Brewer was president of the National Broadcasting Society. She also served as business manager for the University cable station, MUTV and as a lead anchor for News 99. Brewer interned at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and worked as a special assignment reporter for GATV, Public, educational, and government access (PEG) community access cable television station in Greeley, Colorado.
Nicole Brewer joined CBS 3’s Eyewitness News team on April 1, 2008 as the first local TV reporter reporting primarily for a website, CBS3.COM and as a contributor to Wake Up News on The CW Philly, Vice-President and News Director Susan Schiller has announced. Before joining CBS 3, Brewer had been a feature reporter and producer for the nightly news magazine Tempo at WLVT-TV, the PBS station in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. A native of Philadelphia, Brewer grew up in the Overbrook section of the city. Active in the community, she is a volunteer for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America organization.
She presently anchors the weekend morning news for KYW, paired with meteorologist Carol Erickson. Both gained notoriety in June 2013 when video featuring clips of Brewer appearing to launch boldly unprofessional on-air jibes at Erickson which went viral on YouTube. Station management said the edited video was taken out of context and the personalities have a mutual respect for one another.
- Celley, Scot. "Local women to compete in Miss Pennsylvania". York Daily Record.
- Davis, Samantha (2005-07-08). "Crown: Millersville University graduate is a winner". Lancaster New Era/Intelligencer Journal/Sunday News. p. 01.
- Crisp, Marty (2005-12-04). "What happens in Vegas...". Lancaster New Era/Intelligencer Journal/Sunday News. p. 01.
- Arellano, Roxye (2005-12-19). "Visiting family: Miss Pennsylvania enjoys Greeley". The Greeley Tribune.
- Club, Ad (2008-03-23). "Nicole Brewer Joins CBS 3, CW Philly As Local TV's First Web Reporter". Philadelphia Ad Club.
- "CBS3 responds to the Nicole Brewer-Carol Erickson viral video everyone's talking about". Philly.com. June 4, 2013.
- Nicole Brewer on Facebook
- Nicole Brewer on Twitter
- CBS 3's Nicole Brewer
- Miss Pennsylvania official website
- CBS 3 Eyewitness News