July 25, 1946 |
|Occupation||Fashion designer, artist, sculptor|
Farhi started her career as a freelancer in Paris, before moving to London in the 1970s.
Farhi and Marks professional relationship resulted in a personal relationship, and the couple had a daughter before separating. Farhi then married British dramatist and writer David Hare. In 2007 she was appointed an honorary CBE, and in 2010 she was awarded the Légion d'honneur. She is a cousin of the writer and human rights campaigner Moris Farhi.
In February 2007, Farhi was a signatory to the declaration of the Independent Jewish Voices, a new Jewish network, calling for an open and critical debate on Israel and criticising certain Jewish organisations' unconditional support of Israel.
Brand and retail
In 1982, Marks assisted Farhi in launching an eponymous Nicole Farhi higher-end fashion label within the French Connection group. The label opened shops worldwide, as well as restaurants in London and New York; but the non-UK locations have since closed.
On 15 March 2010, French Connection announced the brand and retail chains sale to OpenGate Capital for up to £5 million. Administrators Zolfo Cooper were appointed on 3 July 2013, to advise on sale or restructuring of the remaining five UK shops and associated retail outlets located within Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser and Selfridges.
- National Portrait Gallery page for Nicole Farhi
- Lauren Milligan (2012-05-08). "Farhi Change". Vogue.
- http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/Fr-Gu/French-Connection.html. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/mar/15/french-connection-sells-nicole-farhi. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Regulatory News Service link": "French Connection Group plc, Completion of Strategic Review, Announcement of Sale of a Business and Preliminary Results for the year ended 31 January 2010, released 15 March 2010."
- "Nicole Farhi fashion chain enters administration". BBC News. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Official website
- Nicole Farhi at the Fashion Model Directory
- Nicole Farhi at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a French sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|