May 15, 1943|
|Known for||Former Secretary of State for Women 1998-2002|
Nicole Péry (born 15 May 1943), is a French socialist politician. Her background is as a professor of literature.
- 1973, 1978, 1981, 1988: Parliamentary candidate
- 1977 to 1983: Deputy Mayor of Ciboure
- 1981 to 1997: Member of European Parliament
- 1983 - : Municipal Councillor of Bayonne
- 1984 to 1997: Vice-President of the European Parliament
- 1986 to 1994: Regional Commissioner of Aquitaine
- 1997 - : Member of Parliament for Pyrénées-Atlantiques, spokesperson for the Socialist Group in the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Assembly
- October 1997-April 1998: Special assistant to the Prime Minister for regional languages and cultures
- 1998 to 2002: Secretary of State for Women's Rights and Vocational Training, in the Lionel Jospin Government
In November 1998, the French Government reaffirmed its political intent with regards to women's rights by appointing Nicole Pery as Secretary of State for Women’s Rights and Vocational Training. At that time the Department of Women’s Rights of the Ministry of Employment and Solidarity was the main ad hoc administrative body responsible for monitoring gender equality and anti-discrimination measures. 
In 2001 she criticised a Benetton advertisement for its portrayal of women's bodies.  She was also critical of other advertising campaigns such as Yves Saint Laurent in 2001. "For several years, and with increasing frequency over the past months, advertising has presented images of women which many judge humiliating and degrading," 
- Worldwide Guide to Women in Leadership
- UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women: COMMITTEE ON THE ELIMINATION OF DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN. France 18 Oct 1999
- Pékin 5 ans pres. Service des droits des femmes et de l’égalité.
- 23rd special sesion, "Women 2000 : Gender Equality, Development and peace for the 21st Century" Mrs Nicole Pery, Minister of State for Women's Rights and vocational Training.
- Nudist pensioner lands Benetton in hot water. Reuters Oct 3 2001
- 'Porno Chic Or Chic? The French Confront Sexist Adverts. Digital Journal July 18 2001