|Born||Nicole Anais Petallides
September 20, 1971
|Occupation||FOX Business Network Anchor/Reporter, FBN|
Nicole Anais Petallides (born September 20, 1971 in Queens, New York) is an anchor for the Fox Business Network, which began broadcasting on October 15, 2007. Petallides, along with Jenna Lee, were the first two anchors on the air when the network made its debut.
Petallides is the daughter of Fannie Holliday and John C. Petallides. Her father owns U.S. Amfax, a New York company that does telemarketing and promotions, a similar company called Salesforce 911, and Parent Reach, an emergency broadcast company. Her mother, an emigrant from Cyprus, is the founder and chief operating officer of Proini, a Greek-language daily newspaper, and of The Greek American, an English-language weekly newspaper.
Nicole graduated from Buckley Country Day School in 1985 and the American University in 1993. In 1998, she married Manhattan dentist Nicholas Tsiolas in a ceremony performed by Archbishop Spyridon of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of the United States.
Prior to joining FBN, Petallides was an anchor at Bloomberg Television, where she reported from the New York Stock Exchange for the nationally syndicated shows, Bloomberg Business Report and Bloomberg Market Update. While at Bloomberg, she also covered weekend news and served as a business news anchor for CW11's WPIX morning news program in New York. Before joining Bloomberg, Petallides served as an assistant producer for CNBC, where she produced daily floor reports from the NYSE. Prior to CNBC, she was a segment producer for Dow Jones Televisions's The Wall Street Journal Report with Consuelo Mack and international programs Asian Business News and European Business News. She has also contributed to Fox affiliate WNYW's morning show Good Day New York, NY1 News, CNN, and News 12 Long Island. She has been a guest panelist on the Fox News Channel's late-night satire show Red Eye w/Greg Gutfeld.
- "Fox Business Network Adds Four More Anchors". Crain Communications, Inc. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- Neo Magazine: "FOX Business anchor Nicole Petallides: puts the fun with the facts on the stock market" by Dimitri C. Michalakis November 11, 2009
- The Cyprus-U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Directors - Fannie Petallides-Holliday retrieved June 30, 2014
- "WEDDINGS; Nicholas Tsiolas, Nicole Petallides". New York Times. 1998-05-10. Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- "Fox Business Network - Anchor Bios". News Corporation. Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- Multichannel News - This Just In - Fox Business Network to Launch Teaser Site Oct. 1
- FoxBusiness.com bio
|This biographical article related to television journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|