2 September 1972 |
|Occupation||Actress, Director, Model, Singer|
Life and work
Nicolette Krebitz made her film debut at age eleven. Later, she hosted television and radio shows for children and attended the Ballett-Centre Berlin and the Fritz-Kirchhoff acting school, also in Berlin.
Krebitz has appeared in over 30 movies, but she is known best for her role in the German-language films Bandits (1997) and Der Tunnel (2001). She also appeared in the English-language film All the Queen's Men (2001). She wrote and directed the 2001 movie Jeans and 2007's Das Herz ist ein dunkler Wald.
She is the model on the cover of New Order's 2001 album Get Ready and its associated singles. Her image is also on the cover and in the sleeve of Terranova's 1999 album Close the Door. She contributed vocals to the Bandits soundtrack and to the Terranova tracks Just Enough, Plastic Stress and Never.
The German Hip Hop band Fettes Brot together with German Indie band Tocotronic has dedicated a song "Nicolette Krebitz wartet" (= "Nicolette Krebitz is Waiting") which happens to be a cover version of the Bananarama Hit "Robert De Niro's Waiting...".
- 1994 - Ausgerechnet Zoé (de) (TV movie)
- 1997 - Bandits
- 1999 - Long Hello and Short Goodbye
- 2001 - The Tunnel (Der Tunnel) (TV movie)
- 2001 - All the Queen's Men
- 2010 - The City Below (Unter dir die Stadt)
- "Biography for Nicolette Krebitz". IMDb. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- "Frequently Asked Questions– New Order Online". Retrieved 2007-12-30.