Nidec Corporation (日本電産株式会社 Nihon Densan Kabushikigaisha) is a Japanese manufacturer of electric motors. Their products are found in hard-disk drives, household electric appliances, commercial and manufacturing equipment. The two product groups with the largest sales are hard-disk drive motors (30% of sales) and electrical and optical components (21.5%). The paid-in capital is 66,248,341,486 Japanese yen. The company has its headquarters in Minami-ku, Kyoto, and plants in Nagaokakyō, Thailand, the People's Republic of China, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. Nidec was Number 42 on the Business Week IT 100.
Nidec is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange with number 65940. It is indexed in the Topix Large 70 and other indexes.
- ^ NIDEC - CEO Message Retrieved on January 10, 2009
- ^ NIDEC - Corporate Directory Retrieved on January 10, 2009
- ^ NIDEC - History (2003-) Retrieved on January 10, 2009
- ^ NIDEC - Nidec Network (Production) Retrieved on January 10, 2009
- ^ The Future of Technology and the IT 100: Technology's leading companies in 2005 Retrieved on January 10, 2009
- ^ Tokyo Stock Exchange (Company Search for Nidec). Retrieved on January 10, 2009.
- ^ TOPIXニューインデックスシリーズ及び東証規模別株価指数の構成銘柄(平成20年10月末） (Tokyo Stock Exchange) Retrieved on January 10, 2009
External links