26 April 1983
Nidhi Yasha (born 26 April 1983) is an Indian costume designer. Nidhi designs costumes for Zee TV's Buddha and Star Plus TV series Mahabharat (2013 TV series)(2013) with Bhanu Athaiya as her consulting faculty for the show. Yasha said they studied over 450 books related to period textiles, costume and jewellery to arrive at the look for the show.
Early life and education
Nidhi Yasha came to Mumbai in 2008, and handled the menswear division for a retail brand, Wadhawan lifestyle- India from November 2008 to March 2009. She started designing costumes in 2009. Nidhi created the costumes and styled the look for shows like Ramleela – Ajay Devgn Ke Saath, Devon Ka Dev Mahadev, Chandragupta Maurya, Shobha Somnath Ki, Navya, Anhoniyon Ka Andhera, Durga, Buddha, Savitri, Jodha-Akbar, Mahabharat and films like Haunted, Jal, 1920 Evil Returns, Dangerous Ishhq, Maximum and Zilla Ghaziabad, Policegiri
She won an Indian Television Academy Award and Indian Telly award for her work in Shobha Somnath Ki, on Zee TV.
Nidhi had worked as a costume designer for Swastik Pictures from 2009 to 2011. She was invited by the East West Center Gallery to exhibit her works and to give guest lectures on Indian costume design at the University of Hawaii in September–October 2013.
- "Nifty Nidhi dresses up television". Deccan Chronicle. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Nidhi Yasha to style & design for Mahabharat - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Mahabharata will revive Indian handicrafts: Bhanu Athaiya". Hindustan Times. 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Oscar-winning Bhanu Athaiya designs the look for TV show 'Mahabharat'". Indian Express. 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Oscar-winning Bhanu Athaiya designs the look for TV show Mahabharat - Entertainment - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Indian TV industry doesn`t believe in realistic looks: designer Nidhi Yasha". Zeenews.india.com. 2012-12-22. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Bhanu Athaiya celebrates 30 years of India's first Oscar win : Celebrities, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-10-17.