||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
7 August 1987
|Title(s)||Miss Scotland 2007
Miss United Kingdom 2007/8
Nieve Jennings was a beauty pageant contestant who represented Scotland in Miss World 2007 in Sanya, China. Nieve placed as the first runner-up in two of the "fast-track" events, Miss World Sports and Miss World Talent. Nieve was awarded the title of Miss United Kingdom 2008. She also represented the United Kingdom in Miss International 2008 in Macau, China.
Nieve is an experienced performer. She is a singer, dancer and actress and a graduate of Glasgow Academy Musical Theatre Arts (GAMTA)and has an Higher National Diploma in Musical Theatre. Her professional credits include:
- Princess Jasmine, 'Aladdin', Qdos, King's Theatre, Edinburgh
- Dancer, 'The New Magical Adventures of Pinocchio', Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Ms Wotherspoon, 'Doon at the Buroo', Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Maid Marion, 'The Magical Adventures of Robin Hood', Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Wendy, 'The Magical Adventures of Peter Pan', Pavilion Theatre Glasgow
Nieve's modelling career began at the age of five, and when she was fifteen she was approached by a model scout to join their Agency. And so began a very exciting journey which has included international assignments to Cyprus, Marbella, London, Gibraltar, Paris, Japan and China.
Nieve has modelled for prestigious fashion labels such as Amanda Wakeley, Marcus Eagleton, Joyce Young and Ultimo. Nieve continues to enjoy a busy modelling career which takes her all over the world.
Alongside Olly Murs, Nieve presented the 2011 GAMTA Entertainment Award at the 2011 Young Scot Awards at the Hilton Hotel Glasgow. She also performed as a Las Vegas dancer at the 2011 Scottish Health Award at Edinburgh Corn Exchange.
- "My Health – Nieve Jennings, former Miss Scotland". Herald Scotland. 8 Dec 2008. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
|This article about a model in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a European contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|