|Full name||Nigel Cassidy|
|Date of birth||7 December 1945|
|Place of birth||Sudbury, England|
|Date of death||19 May 2008(aged 62)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Cassidy started his career with non-league side Lowestoft Town in the Eastern Counties League, where he played until joining Norwich City in Second Division in July 1967. He managed to make three league appearances for the team before making a move to Fourth Division side Scunthorpe United in December 1968. He made 88 appearances and scored 35 goals in the league for Scunthorpe before leaving for Oxford United in November 1970, making a return to the Second Division.
His stay at Oxford saw him make 116 league appearances, in which he scored 33 goals, until he joined Cambridge United in March 1974, who were relegated to the Fourth Division at the end of the 1973–74 season. He spent the summer of 1975 with Denver Dynamos in the North American Soccer League, where he made 20 appearances and scored one goal. He returned to Cambridge for the 1975–76 season after finishing his spell in America and finished his Cambridge career with 54 league appearances and 13 goals. He was forced to retire after an achilles tendon injury suffered in a match in 1975.
He died on 19 May 2008 after suffering from a short illness.
- Hugman, Barry J. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946-2005. Queen Anne Press. pp. p112. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- "LOWESTOFT TOWN". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "NORWICH CITY". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "SCUNTHORPE UNITED". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "OXFORD UNITED". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "CAMBRIDGE UNITED". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "Nigel Cassidy". Bob and 1970-71 Footballers. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "Oxford United great Cassidy dies". BBC Sport. 2008-05-21. Retrieved 2008-05-21.