|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
Hart graduated from the University of East Anglia, in the United Kingdom, where he earned a BA with honors degree in Economics in 1989. He completed the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation in 1994.
Hart began his investing career in 1989 in the city of London joining Commercial Union Asset Management as a property analyst. In 1991 he moved to Hill Samuel Asset Management where he assumed portfolio management duties running his first European fund. In 1995 he moved to the United States with Hill Samuel. In early 1997, he joined Putnam Investments in Boston, Massachusetts. Here he first achieved recognition as Portfolio Manager of the Putnam International Voyager Fund. This fund quickly established itself as one of the most successful international stock mutual funds. In the summer of 2000 Hart left Putnam and founded his own firm ReachCapital Management, located in Harrison, New York and has continued a strategy of focusing on stock picking both long and short. In latter years, a more shareholder activist role in some portfolio companies has been added to the investment process.
Hart currently resides in Pound Ridge, New York with his wife and two daughters.
Nigel Hart is also an active philanthropist. Hart, through ReachCapital Management, LP, was the main sponsor of the 2008 Caramoor International Music Festival held in Katonah, New York. He, once again through ReachCapital Management, was also a participating sponsor for the 3rd Open Door Benefit Concert in 2008. The Open Door Family Medical Centers are based in Westchester County, New York.
- "Hedge Funds - Hedge Funds - ReachCapital International Fund I, Ltd.". hedge-funds.ws. 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- Robinson, Edward (20 December 1999). "International Voyager". CNN.
- Boitano, Margaret (20 December 1999). "What the Best Are Buying Now We talked with the smartest managers we could find in four different corners of the fund industry. Here's how they plan to profit in the year ahead". CNN.
- Gould, Carole (2 July 2000). "INVESTING WITH: Nigel P. Hart and Andrew Graham; Putnam International Voyager Fund". The New York Times.
- Gergely, Andras (29 June 2008). "Investor demands break up of Ireland's DCC". Reuters.
- "DCC Investor Seeks Breakup of Distributor, Sunday Times Says". Bloomberg. 29 June 2008.
- "Aer Lingus has 'duty' to talk to Ryanair on bid". The Irish Times. 12 December 2008.