Niger at the 2004 Summer Olympics
|Niger at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens|
|Competitors||4 (3 men, 1 woman) in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Abdou Alassane Dji Bo|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Results by event 
Both Nigerien runners finished well back in their respective events, but Hassane did manage to set a new national record in the women's 400 metres.
- Ibrahim Tondi
- Round 1: 52.62 s (7th in heat 5, did not advance, 34th overall)
- Salamtou Hassane
- Round 1: 1:03.28 (7th in heat 6,did not advance, 41st overall) (Nigerien Record)
Niger's only judoka in Athens lost his opening match in less than two minutes, but since his opponent was the eventual silver medalist, earned a shot in the repechage. However, he lost his only repechage match too, though this time he managed to survive more than four minutes.
- Abdou Alassane Dji Bo
Maliki finished more than four seconds behind the time needed to qualify for the semifinals.
- Ibrahim Maliki
- Heat: 26.81 s (69th overall, did not advance)
- President: Mamadou Talata Doulla
- Secretary General: Ide Issaka
- Wallechinsky, David; Jamie Loucky (2008). The Complete Book of the Olympics : 2008 Edition. London: Aurum Press. ISBN 978-1-84513-330-6.