|Owner||Public Transport Victoria|
|Number of lines||13|
|Began operation||May 1993|
|Operator(s)||Dyson's Bus Services
Grenda's Bus Services
McKenzie's Tourist Services
Peninsula Bus Lines
Ventura Bus Lines
The NightRider is a network of bus services in Melbourne, Australia. It operates on weekends and for special events from the Melbourne City Centre to the outer suburbs on 13 routes, with over 300 stops between 01:30 (00:00 on the Doncaster route) and 04:30 on Saturdays and 05:30 on Sundays.
In November 2008, the NightRider network was overhauled. The logo and branding were replaced, and operators of several routes changed. New routes commenced to Doncaster, Healesville and Cranbourne. Frequencies were increased from 60 to 30 minutes. Due to Metro Trains Melbourne now running until 01:00, the first services were revised to depart at 01:30 instead of 00:30 on most services.
Route numbers were issued by Metlink for the first time (previously some operators did display them on buses) and are all in the 900 series, with the numbers corresponding to the predominant route number allocations at the outer termini. For example, many buses in the Dandenong area are in the 800s, hence the number 980 and 981 was allocated to them.
Buses run half hourly from 01:30 (00:00 on Doncaster route 961) to 04:30 on Saturdays and 05:30 on Sundays on the following routes:
- 942 City - St Albans - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 943 Deer Park - Melton - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 944 City - Werribee - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 954 City - Craigieburn - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 956 City - Epping - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 958 City - Eltham - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 961 City - Doncaster - Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 965 Lilydale - Healesville - Operated by McKenzie's Tourist Services
- 966 City - Croydon - Operated by Ventura Bus Lines
- 968 City - Belgrave - Operated by Ventura Bus Lines
- 970 City Mornington - Operated by Peninsula Bus Lines
- 980 City - Dandenong - Operated by Grenda's Bus Services
- 981 Dandenong - Cranbourne - Operated by Grenda's Bus Services
Buses are labelled with a large NightRider logo, and text saying "NightRider - The after midnight bus service".
- "Night Rider" Australian Bus Panorama 8/9 June 1993 page 32
- "NightRider buses". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- Media Release: "Nightrider Now Included in Metcard Fare" Department of Premier & Cabinet 2 March 2007
- NightRider bus timetables at Public Transport Victoria
- NightRider route map at Public Transport Victoria