Night (John Abercrombie album)
|Studio album by John Abercrombie|
|Released||November 20, 1984|
The Power Station, New York City
|John Abercrombie chronology|
The Allmusic review by Daniel Gioffre awarded the album 4½ stars stating "This record is the kind of album that one would like to hear while enjoying a late-night cigarette on the roof of a Manhattan apartment. Moody, atmospheric, and beautiful". The Penguin Guide to Jazz awarded the album 3 stars stating "Night demonstrated two things: first, that Abercrombie had outgrown the association with Hammer in particular, probably because increasingly he could give those evocative keyboard figures his own spin, using pedals and later, guitar synth; and secondly, that he never sounds entirely easy in the company of a horn player whose main strength is rapid fire changes".
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
All compositions by John Abercrombie except as indicated.
- "Ethereggae" (Jan Hammer) - 8:28
- "Night" - 5:02
- "3 East" - 4:33
- "Look Around" - 9:02
- "Believe You Me" - 7:42
- "Four On One" - 6:42
- John Abercrombie — guitar
- Michael Brecker — tenor saxophone
- Jan Hammer — keyboards
- Jack DeJohnette — drums
- ECM discography accessed September 22, 2011
- Gioffre, D. Allmusic Review accessed September 22, 2011
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2006) . The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (8th ed.). London: Penguin. p. 3. ISBN 978-0-141-02327-4.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 3. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.