Nihon Dempa Kogyo
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2008)|
Using its synthetic quartz crystals, NDK produces crystal-related products such as crystal devices (e.g. crystal units, crystal oscillators, crystal filters), and also, ultrasonic transducers for medical use. In recent years, the company has begun to develop frequency synthesizers and low-power wireless modules.
- 1948 : NDK was established.
- 1950 : Started crystal unit production and sales.
- 1958 : Succeeded in test production of synthetic quartz crystal.
- 1959 : Started crystal filter production.
- 1960 : Started crystal oscillator production.
- 1963 : Began trading of NDK stock on the OTC market.
- 1979 : Developed and industrialized surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter.
- 1990 : Listed NDK stock on Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- 1998 : Listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Crystal Units
- Crystal Oscillators
- Crystal Filters
- Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Devices
- Optical Components
- Synthetic Quartz Crystals
- Ultrasonic Transducers
- Frequency Synthesizers
NDK has production and engineering facilities in the following countries: Japan, China, Germany, Malaysia, and United States. The Belvidere, IL NDK facility has been inactive since a 2009 explosion destroyed one building and killed a member of the public. The explosion was in a crystal-growth autoclave that had undergone stress corrosion cracking and was inadequately inspected.