Halik was born in Melbourne, Australia as the youngest son of Greek immigrants Konstantinos and Dionisia Halikopoulos. He was raised in Port Melbourne. He took an interest in music at an early age, inspired by his father who was an accomplished musician. As a teenager he spent time at the Musicians Institute in California, a privately owned for-profit music vocational school, and performed in bands throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
Halik is the founder and C.E.O. of companies such as Financial Freedom Institute, Lifestyle Revolution, LLC, Money Masters Global, The Thrillionaires and co-founder of iCoach Global.
He likes to see himself as a global wealth strategist, entrepreneur, international speaker, civilian astronaut, high-adrenaline adventurer and best-selling author who became a multi-millionaire and amassed great wealth through savvy investments in property and the stock market in his late twenties. His group of companies have financially educated and life coached over 300,000 individuals globally. Apart from his other businesses, Nik Halik is also a stakeholder in a number of businesses around the world, including Vertex Media, a Hollywood Television and Film production company. Halik has homes in the Greek Islands, Morocco, the United States and Australia.
Following in the footsteps of entrepreneur-adventurers Steve Fossett and Richard Branson, Halik has dived to the wreck of RMS Titanic, been active as a mountaineer and participated in a civilian flight of the Soviet-built Mig25 aircraft. Halik has never been into space. Halik paid to train as a back-up cosmonaut for the Russian Soyuz TMA-13 flight to the International Space Station in 2008. If prime crew space tourist Richard Garriott had become unable to participate in that launch, Halik would have taken his place through Space Adventures. In this event, he would have become the first Australian private citizen in space.
Written by Halik and published in 2008, The Thrillionaire (ISBN 978-1-920997-10-6) is both a biography and wealth strategist's hand book. Having worked with wealth strategists and motivational speakers around the globe, Halik combines his tips for financial freedom with stories from his life.
Halik's spaceflight training is also covered in the book "Australia's Astronauts: Countdown to a Spaceflight Dream," 2009, by Colin Burgess.
- Nik Aims for the Moon - The Age
- Spacefacts biography of Nik Halik
- Space Flight Dream Nears - Herald Sun
- Space Adventures Announces the Identity of Back-up Crew Member - Space Adventures
- A Greek-Australian is Getting Ready to Travel to Space - Greek Reporter
- Nik Halik is aiming for the moon while shooting towards the stars - ABC
- 7 Questions with a Thrillionaire - Kaleidoscopic Wandering
- The Thrillionaire - New Holland Publishers
- The Thrillionaire - WideWorldMag.com
- Space Adventures Announces the Identity of Back-up Crew Member - SpaceRef.com
- Skydiving with 'The Thrillionaire' - Today Tonight
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Nik Halik|