May 13, 1979 |
Poona, Maharashtra, India
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
Kanetkar became engaged to another elite-level badminton player, Shruti Kurien, on November 17, 2005. They were married on Aug 27, 2006. The two are now mutually divorced. He would write a column in Marathi newspaper Sakal from Athens during the olympics. Currently[when?] he is writing 'Doha Diary' from Doha on the days happenings in the Asian Games in the same newspaper.
In 2011 he created NKBA - a badminton academy in Pune, India.
- "Nikhil Kanetkar Statistics". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 6 February 2010.
- "THEY ARE MARRIED". indiabuzzing.com. Retrieved 6 February 2010.
- "Indian badminton stars Nikhil Kanetkar and Shruti Kurien are all smiles during their marriage". The Hindu. 28 August 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2010.
- Kanetkar, Saina lead D-day challenge
- I choose not to be frustrated: Kanetkar
- Nikhil Kanetkar loses in semis
- task for shuttlers - Aparna Popat, Abhinn Shyam Gupta and Nikhil Kanetkar carry Indian hopes
- Nikhil Kanetkar is runner-up
|This biographical article relating to an Indian badminton figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|