Nikki R. Keddie (born August 20, 1930) is a professor of Eastern, Iranian, and women's history. She retired from the University of California, Los Angeles after 35 years of teaching. Keddie was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1930.
Works by Nikki Keddie
- Women in the Middle East: Past and Present, Princeton University Press, 2007.
- Modern Iran: Roots and Results of Revolution, Yale University Press, 2003.
- Qajar Iran and the Rise of Reza Khan. Mazda, Costa Mesa, CA, 1999.
- Debating gender, debating sexuality. NYU Press, 1996 ISBN 978-0-8147-4655-4
- Iran and the Muslim World: Resistance and Revolution, Macmillan, London, and New York, New York University (NYU) Press, 1995
- Roots of Revolution: An Interpretive History of Modern Iran, Yale University Press, 1981.
- Iran: religion, politics, and society, Frank Cass, London, 1980
- Sayyid Jamal al-Din "al-Afghani": A Political Biography, University of California Press, Berkeley, 1972.
- An Islamic Response to Imperialism, University of California Press, 1968.
- Religion and Rebellion in Iran: The Tobacco Protest of 1891-92, Frank Cass, 1966.