|No. 12 – Real Madrid|
|League||Spanish ACB League
February 11, 1991 |
Titograd, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia
|Nationality||Montenegrin / Spanish|
|Listed height||2.09 m (6 ft 10 in)|
|Listed weight||107 kg (236 lb)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Houston Rockets|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2008–present||Real Madrid (Spain)|
|2008–2009||→Real Madrid B (Spain 4th)|
|2009–2010||→Palencia (Spain 2nd)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Nikola "Niko" Mirotić (Montenegrin Cyrillic: Никола Миротић; born February 11, 1991) is a Spanish and Montenegrin professional basketball player of Montenegrin origin. He is a 2.09 m (6 ft 10.25 in) tall 107 kg (236 lb.) power forward. He plays for Real Madrid.
Mirotić began his professional career with the Spanish ACB League club Real Madrid. During the 2010–11 Euroleague season, he emerged as one of his team's most valuable cogs to win the Euroleague Rising Star award. In 2011, he signed a 5-year contract extension with Real Madrid. With Real Madrid, he won the Spanish King's Cup and the Spanish Supercup in 2012.
Spanish national team
Mirotić has been a member of the junior national team of Spain. He helped Spain's U20 national team win the bronze medal at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. He also led Spain to the gold medal in 2011. Mirotić was the top scorer and MVP of the tournament, averaging 27 points (tournament record) and 10 rebounds per game. Mirotić is suit to play for either Spain or Montenegro.
On June 23, 2011, Mirotic was selected by the Houston Rockets with the 23rd overall pick, in the 2011 NBA Draft. The draft pick used to select him was subsequently traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, and then traded once again to the Chicago Bulls on draft night.
Chicago Bulls GM Gar Forman and VP of Basketball Operations John Paxson have said that it's more than likely that Mirotić will be brought over to the team in 2014.
Awards and accomplishments
- Spanish King's Cup Champion: 2012
- 2x Spanish Supercup Champion: 2012, 2013
- All-Euroleague Second Team: 2013
- ACB Most Valuable Player Award: 2013
- All-ACB Team: 2013
- Spanish League Champion: 2013
Spanish national team
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: 3 ! Bronze
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: 1 ! Gold
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team (MVP)
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
- "Height: 2.09m". Fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- ACB.com Spanish ACB League official player profile (Spanish).
- "Nikola Mirotic ya tiene la nacionalidad española". Diario Marca. March 26, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Real Madrid's Nikola Mirotic chosen 2011 Rising Star". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Real Madrid extends Mirotic through 2016". Euroleague.net. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Euroleague.net Rising Star Trophy winner: Kostas Papanikolaou, Olympiacos Piraeus.
- Euroleague.net 2012-13 All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced.
- "MVP Mirotic leads All Tournament Team". fibaeurope.com. 24 July 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "NBA Draft: Nr 1 dla Irvinga, wybrano 10 Europejczyków". PolskiKosz.pl. 24 June 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Draftexpress.com Profile
- NBADraft.net Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
|Awards and achievements|
|FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship MVP