Mirotić with Real Madrid in 2013
|No. 44 – Chicago Bulls|
February 11, 1991 |
Titograd, SR Montenegro
|Nationality||Spanish / Montenegrin|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Houston Rockets|
|2008–2014||Real Madrid (Spain)|
|2008–2009||→Real Madrid B (Spain 4th)|
|2009–2010||→Palencia (Spain 2nd)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Nikola Mirotić (Serbian: Никола Миротић; born February 11, 1991) is a Spanish-Montenegrin professional basketball player who currently plays for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The 208 cm (6 ft 10 in) tall power forward previously played for Real Madrid of the Liga ACB.
Real Madrid (2008–2014)
After playing for the Real Madrid juniors from 2006 to 2008, Mirotić signed with the Real Madrid senior team of the Liga ACB in 2008. During the 2010–11 Euroleague season, he emerged as one of his team's most valuable players to win the Euroleague Rising Star award. In April 2011, he signed a five-year contract extension with Real Madrid. With Real Madrid, he won the Spanish King's Cup and the Spanish Supercup in 2012.
On June 23, 2011, Mirotić was selected by the Houston Rockets with the 23rd overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. He was later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, and then traded once again to the Chicago Bulls on draft night.
In the 2012–13 Euroleague season, he finished second in the Euroleague Rising Star voting to Kostas Papanikolaou, and he was named to the All-Euroleague Second Team. In May 2014, he was named to the All-Euroleague Second Team, for the second consecutive season.
Chicago Bulls (2014–present)
On July 18, 2014, Mirotić signed with the Chicago Bulls to a reported three-year, $16.6 million contract. In addition, Mirotić was required to pay $3 million to Real Madrid for his contract buyout.
On December 19, 2014, Mirotić scored a then career-high 27 points, as he converted all six of his three-pointers, in the 103-97 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. On January 5, 2015, he was named the NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for games played in December. On March 1, he scored a career-high 29 points in the 86-96 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.
Mirotić has been a member of the junior national team of Spain. He helped Spain's U20 national team win the bronze medal at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. He also led Spain to the gold medal in 2011. Mirotić was the top scorer and MVP of the tournament, averaging 27 points (tournament record) and 10 rebounds per game. Mirotić is eligible to play for either Spain or Montenegro.
Awards and accomplishments
- 2x Spanish King's Cup Champion: (2012, 2014)
- 2x Spanish Supercup Champion: (2012, 2013)
- Spanish ACB League Champion: (2013)
- 2x All-Euroleague Second Team: (2013, 2014)
- Spanish ACB League MVP: (2013)
- 2x All-ACB Team: (2013, 2014)
- Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2014)
- 2x Euroleague Rising Star: (2011, 2012)
- FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship MVP: (2011)
Spanish national team
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Bronze
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Gold
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team (MVP)
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
|Led the league|
- "Nikola Mirotic ya tiene la nacionalidad española". marca.com. Europa Press. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- ACB.com Spanish ACB League official player profile (Spanish).
- "NIKOLA MIROTIC (SPAIN)". Fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Las lecciones aprendidas de Nikola Mirotic y Marko Todorovic (Spanish)
- "Real Madrid's Nikola Mirotic chosen 2011 Rising Star". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Real Madrid extends Mirotic through 2016". Euroleague.net. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "NBA Draft: Nr 1 dla Irvinga, wybrano 10 Europejczyków". PolskiKosz.pl. 24 June 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Euroleague.net Rising Star Trophy winner: Kostas Papanikolaou, Olympiacos Piraeus.
- Euroleague.net 2012-13 All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced.
- "2013-14 All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Bulls sign forward Nikola Mirotic". NBA.com. July 18, 2014. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Bulls Sign Nikola Mirotic To Three-Year, $16.6M Deal". RealGM.com. July 18, 2014. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Nikola Mirotic is the best paid European rookie in NBA history". HoopsHype.com. July 22, 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- "Butler, Mirotic lead Bulls over Grizzlies 103-97". NBA.com. December 19, 2014. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- NIKOLA MIROTIC NAMED KIA NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE ROOKIE OF THE MONTH
- Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan lead Clippers past Bulls 96-86
- "MVP Mirotic leads All Tournament Team". fibaeurope.com. 24 July 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nikola Mirotić.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Nikola Mirotić at acb.com (Spanish)
- Nikola Mirotić at draftexpress.com
- Nikola Mirotić at eurobasket.com
- Nikola Mirotić at euroleague.net
- Nikola Mirotić at fibaeurope.com