|No. 44 – Chicago Bulls|
February 11, 1991 |
Titograd, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia
|Nationality||Spanish / Montenegrin|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||236 lb (107 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Houston Rockets|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2008–2014||Real Madrid (Spain)|
|2008–2009||→Real Madrid B (Spain 4th)|
|2009–2010||→Palencia (Spain 2nd)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Nikola "Niko" Mirotić (Serbian Cyrillic: Никола Миротић; born February 11, 1991) is a Spanish-Montenegrin professional basketball player who currently plays for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is a 2.09 m (6 ft 10.25 in) tall 107 kg (236 lb.) power forward.
Real Madrid (2008–2014)
After playing for the Real Madrid juniors from 2006 to 2008, Mirotić signed with the Real Madrid senior team of the Liga ACB in 2008. During the 2010–11 Euroleague season, he emerged as one of his team's most valuable players to win the Euroleague Rising Star award. In April 2011, he signed a five-year contract extension with Real Madrid. With Real Madrid, he won the Spanish King's Cup and the Spanish Supercup in 2012.
On June 23, 2011, Mirotić was selected by the Houston Rockets with the 23rd overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. He was later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, and then traded once again to the Chicago Bulls on draft night.
In the 2012–13 Euroleague season, he finished second in the Euroleague Rising Star voting to Kostas Papanikolaou, and he was named to the All-Euroleague Second Team. In May 2014, he was named to the All-Euroleague Second Team, for the second consecutive season.
Chicago Bulls (2014–present)
On July 18, 2014, Mirotić signed with the Chicago Bulls to a reported three-year, $16.6 million contract. In addition, Mirotić was required to pay $3 million to Real Madrid for his contract buyout.
Mirotić has been a member of the junior national team of Spain. He helped Spain's U20 national team win the bronze medal at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. He also led Spain to the gold medal in 2011. Mirotić was the top scorer and MVP of the tournament, averaging 27 points (tournament record) and 10 rebounds per game. Mirotić is eligible to play for either Spain or Montenegro.
Awards and accomplishments
- 2x Spanish King's Cup Champion: (2012, 2014)
- 2x Spanish Supercup Champion: (2012, 2013)
- 2x All-Euroleague Second Team: (2013, 2014)
- Spanish League MVP: (2013)
- 2x All-ACB Team: (2013, 2014)
- Spanish League Champion: (2013)
- Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2014)
Spanish national team
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Bronze
- 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Gold
- 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team (MVP)
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
|Led the league|
- "Nikola Mirotic ya tiene la nacionalidad española". marca.com. Europa Press. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Height: 2.09m". Fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- ACB.com Spanish ACB League official player profile (Spanish).
- "Real Madrid's Nikola Mirotic chosen 2011 Rising Star". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Real Madrid extends Mirotic through 2016". Euroleague.net. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "NBA Draft: Nr 1 dla Irvinga, wybrano 10 Europejczyków". PolskiKosz.pl. 24 June 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Euroleague.net Rising Star Trophy winner: Kostas Papanikolaou, Olympiacos Piraeus.
- Euroleague.net 2012-13 All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced.
- "2013-14 All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Bulls sign forward Nikola Mirotic". NBA.com. July 18, 2014. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Bulls Sign Nikola Mirotic To Three-Year, $16.6M Deal". RealGM.com. July 18, 2014. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Nikola Mirotic is the best paid European rookie in NBA history". HoopsHype.com. July 22, 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- "MVP Mirotic leads All Tournament Team". fibaeurope.com. 24 July 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- DraftExpress.com Profile
- NBADraft.net Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
|Awards and achievements|
|FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship MVP