Nikolaos G. Bourbakis (Νικόλαος Μπουρμπάκης; born 1950 in Chania, Crete) is a computer scientist known for his work in image processing. As of 2011[update], he is Ohio Board of Regents Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Director of both the Information Technology Research Institute and the Assistive Technologies Research Center at Wright State University in Ohio, USA. He is the founder and Editor-in-Chief (as of 2011[update]) of the International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools.
Bourbakis studied mathematics at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, then electrical engineering at the University of Patras, who awarded him a PhD in computer engineering and informatics in 1983.
Bourbakis received the IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award in 1998 "[f]or outstanding and pioneering contributions to space filling curves for image processing and intelligent visual navigation of autonomous robots in unknown space."
- Panogiotopoulos, D.; Bourbakis, N. (1984). "The VLSI design of a two dimensional image processing array". Microprocessing and Microprogramming 14: 125–132. doi:10.1016/0165-6074(84)90005-X.
- "About IJAIT: Editorial Board". International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools. World Scientific. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Career Synopsis". College of Engineering and Computer Science, Wright State University. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Technical Achievement Award". IEEE Computer Society. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Nikolaos G. Bourbakis, Ph. D.". College of Engineering and Computer Science, Wright State University.
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|