Nikos Vakalis, Member of the European Parliament (2004-2009) was born December, 1939. He studied Physics with a scholarship at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He served as a reservist officer (head of Faculty) in the Artillery. He founded the Frontistirio Vakalis in 1967. After studying the British educational system he founded in 1972 the College of Advance Education collaborating with the British examining bodies Cambridge, AEB and JMB.
In 1999 he extended his activities founding the publishing house Publications Vakali. He also entered the market of Information Technology with the founding of the training company e-master, and the company executive training market with the founding of the Business Training Centre.
He is married to Helen Mpousiou and have two sons, Andonis who is 38 (Bachelor and Master in Finance from the University of London, England. Master in Educational Management from the Institute of Education, University of London, England) and Manolis who is 33 (Bachelor in Information Technology from the University of Sussex, England).
Trade-union and Political activities
- Chairman of Students of Physics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- A founding member of New Democracy, Thessaloniki
- General Secretary of the Management Committee of New Democracy (Thessaloniki Prefecture).
- From 1998 to 2004 he was Chairman of the Management Committee of New Democracy (Thessaloniki Prefecture).
- Member of the Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) and European Democrats
- Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Committee on Regional Development (Substitute)
- Member of the Delegation to the EU-India Joint Parliamentary Committee
Foreign Languages: English
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Greek politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|