Nil satis nisi optimum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nil Satis Nisi Optimum)
Nil satis nisi optimum is a Latin phrase that means "nothing but the best is good enough".
This phrase is the motto of
- Carlton le Willows Academy
- Proviso East High School in Maywood, Illinois .
- English football club Everton F.C. since 1878 . Evertonian internet users often use the abbreviation "nsno" to represent the full phrase. It is also the name of a popular Everton fans forum called www.nsno.co.uk
- Loughborough University, referring to its sporting and academic excellence. It is also the phrase used on the Royce Hall logo, one of the student accommodation halls on campus
- Rutlish High School (London, Merton) Combined Cadet Force C.C.F. also use this phrase; it is printed on their physical training kit.
- 967 (BAE Warton) Squadron Air Training Corps
- Strathcona Tweedsmuir Private School in Calgary Alberta
- G.O.Y.A. MS Recreational Athletic League, located in Philadelphia, MS. Their founder, Greg Hanks, is an avid football fan and combined Everton Football Club's crest and motto with Aussie Rules' side, Collingwood FC, to make the crest of his league
- Westerford High School in Western Cape, South Africa
- BPI Consultants
- Dime City Cycles
- the Football team of the Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitario, UANL, en Monterrey, N.L.
- Wellington School Women's Lacrosse Team Upper Arlington, Ohio