Nilanjana S. Roy
Nilanjana S. Roy (born c. 1971) is an Indian journalist and literary critic, author of The Wildings. She currently writes a regular column for the Business Standard. She used to write a literary blog called "Kitabkhana" under the pseudonym Hurree Babu. She is married to Devangshu Datta, a stock market columnist and a consultant to financial dailies and business magazines.
Roy is originally from Kolkata. She was educated at La Martiniere, Kolkata, and did graduate work in English Literature at St Stephens at Delhi University in the 1990s. In 1998, she was Assistant Features Editor of Business Standard, and then Deputy Features Editor of the same newspaper. She did a brief stint as Books Editor for Outlook magazine and worked with Biblio before spending several years as a freelance writer. Her last job was as chief editor, Westland Books. She lives in Delhi with her husband
- The Wildings. Aleph Book Company, ISBN 9788192328096
- A Matter of Taste: The Penguin Book of Indian Writing on Food. Penguin Books, ISBN 0143031481
- "ReadingWritingFoodingLodging" Nilanjana's website
- Akhond of Swat Nilanjana's archive of book reviews and journalism.
- Nilanjana Roy in conversation with Anita Roy
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|