||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2013)|
|Nils Gustav Magnus Brunsson|
|Born||1946 (age 67–68)|
|Alma mater||Gothenburg University
|Spouse(s)||Karin Holmblad Brunsson|
|Parents||Jan & Margaretha Brunsson|
Nils Gustav Magnus Brunsson, (born 1946) is a Swedish academic in business administration and organizational research. He is a professor. Since 2010 has held the Chair in Management at Uppsala university His research includes studies of decision-making, administrative reforms, standardization and organization outside organizations. He is now working with the organization of markets.
Brunsson's educational background is in theoretical philosophy at Gothenburg University and economics and management at its School of Business, Economics and Law. He took a Bachelor's degree (Ekonomexamen) at Gothenburg School of Economics in 1969 and a Ph.D. at Gothenburg University in 1976. In 1979 he was appointed docent at Gothenburg University. He was elected a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in 1990.He was appointed honorary member of European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS) in 2009.
Brunsson started his academic career as research assistant at the Gothenburg School of Economics in 1969. He became Assistant Professor at the Gothenburg University in 1976, Assistant Professor at the Uppsala University in 1979, and Associate Professor at the Stockholm School of Economics in 1980. From 1982 he chaired the Department of Public management, Stockholm School of Economics, where from 1986 to 2010 he held the City of Stockholm Chair in Public Management. He was a co-founder of the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (Scancor) and a board member from 1988 t0 1997.In 1992 he participated in founding the Stockholm Centre for Organizational Research (Score) where he was chairman from the start to 2008. Since 1997 he has been Professor at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM). In 2007 Brunsson held the Niklas Luhmann Gastprofessur at Bielefeld University. He was the chairman of the Swedish Academy of Management 2010- 2011.
Brunsson has published more than 20 books and numerous articles on organizations. A selection of books:
- Brunsson, Nils (1976). Propensity to change : an empirical study of decisions on reorientations. Göteborg: Företagsekonomiska institutionen vid Göteborgs universitet. ISBN 9172460229. LCCN 76469865.
- Brunsson, Nils (1985). The irrational organization : irrationality as a basis for organizational action and change. Chichester, West Sussex and New York: Wiley. ISBN 0471907952. LCCN 85006527.
- Brunsson, Nils (1989). The organization of hypocrisy : talk, decisions, and actions in organizations. translated by Nancy Adler. Chichester, New York: Wiley. ISBN 0471920746. LCCN 89014785.
- Brunsson, Nils; Olsen, Johan P. (1993). The reforming organization. London & New York :: Routledge. ISBN 0415082870. LCCN 93018708.
- Brunsson, Nils; Johan P. Olsen, eds. (1998). Organizing organizations. Bergen-Sandviken, Norway: Fagbokförlaget. ISBN 8276744222. LCCN 98223464. North American Distributor: Global Management, LLC, Book Service. Middleton, WI
- Brunsson, Nils; Jacobsson, Bengt (2000). A world of standards. and associates. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press. ISBN 0198296932. LCCN 00034016. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Brunsson, Nils (2006). Mechanisms of hope : maintaining the dream of the rational organization. Copenhagen: Copenhagen Business School Press. ISBN 9788763001458. LCCN 2007297514.
- Brunsson, Nils (2007). The consequences of decision-making. Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199206285. LCCN 2007296616.
- Ahrne, Göran; Brunsson, Nils (2008). Meta-organizations. Cheltenham, Glos, UK, Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 9781847209504. LCCN 2008927707.
- Brunsson, Nils (2009). Reform as routine : organizational change and stability in the modern world. Oxford New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198296706. LCCN 2009926731.
- "EGOS - European Group for Organizational Studies - Keynote Speakers". Gothenburg: European Group For Organizational Studies. July 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Brunsson, Nils (2010-09-01). "Curriculum Vitae". Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Brunsson, Nils (2012-09-01). "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Linders, Ann (September 20, 2012). "Nils Brunsson - Stockholm centre for organizational research". Retrieved 2013-11-29.