Dust-jacket from the first edition
|Cover artist||Richard M. Powers|
|Genre||Science fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Nine Tomorrows is a collection of nine short stories and two pieces of comic verse by Isaac Asimov. The pieces were all originally published in magazines between 1956 and 1958, with the exception of the closing poem, "Rejection Slips", which was original to the collection. The book was first published in the USA in 1959 and in the UK in 1963. It includes two of Asimov's favorite stories, "The Last Question" and "The Ugly Little Boy".
Nine Tomorrows has been reprinted several times. The most recent publication appears to be a 1987 Del Rey reissue; ISBN 0-345-34604-1.
- "I Just Make Them Up, See!"
- "The Feeling of Power"
- "The Dying Night" (part of the Wendell Urth series)
- "I'm in Marsport Without Hilda"
- "The Gentle Vultures"
- "All the Troubles of the World" (part of the Multivac series)
- "Spell My Name with an S"
- "The Last Question" (loosely part of the Multivac series)
- "The Ugly Little Boy"
- "Rejection Slips"
- Tuck, Donald H. (1974). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. p. 22. ISBN 0-911682-20-1.