Ninety-Nine Nights II
|N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights|
North American cover art
|Genre(s)||Hack and slash, RPG|
N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights, (or Ninety-Nine Nights II) is a role-playing video game with hack and slash game mechanics set in a high fantasy game universe, based around the concept of a rising demon army with one million troops. It is a sequel to the video game Ninety-Nine Nights. The game was announced a the TGS 2008 conference - a demo for the game was released on the Xbox Live marketplace on May 27, 2010, and the game release between June and September in North America, Japan, and European regions.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2011)|
There are multiple story modes; the main story of the game focuses on the character Galen. Combat is hack and slash with similarities to Koei's Dynasty and Samurai warriors series.
In addition to a single player mode there are co-op modes, online modes.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2013)|
Developed by feelplus, the game's art style is noticeably darker than its predecessor.
At the Konami E3 (2010) press conference, the lead producer of the series, Tak Fujii noted that the sequel has been vastly improved technically, allowing millions of troops to be present on screen in one shot. Some of the main changes the sequel introduces include an online co-op mode, leaderboards and brand new difficulty levels which make the game even harder.
The game received poor reviews, with a Metacritic score of 45 out of 100 based on 43 reviews. Both IGN and Gamespot reviews criticised the gameplay, plot, as well as poor lip-syncing, noting an absence of challenge in core gameplay as well as frustrating boss fights.
- "Microsoft's TGS 2008 Press Conference". Joystiq. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Ninety-Nine Nights 2 gets online co-op". Computer and Video Games. 16 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- Hack And Slash: We Talk Ninety-Nine Nights 2 With Konami's Tak Fujii
- N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights Konami Game Night 2010 Interview: Tak Fujii
- "N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights for Xbox 360", www.metacritic.com (metacritic)
- "Ninety-Nine Nights 2 Review", xbox360.ign.com (IGN), 8 July 2010
- "Ninety-Nine Nights Review for Xbox 360", www.gamespot.com (GameSpot), 13 July 2010
- Official website (Japanese)