Ninia is a genus of colubrid snakes commonly referred to as Coffee snakes. The genus consists of 8 species that are native to Mexico, Central America, and the northern part of South America. Some species are also found on the Caribbean islands.
There are currently 8 recognized species:
- N. atrata (Hallowell, 1845) - Hallowell's Coffee Snake
- N. cerroensis Taylor, 1954
- N. diademata (Baird & Girard, 1853) - Ringneck Coffee Snake, Culebra-de cafetal de collar
- N. hudsoni Parker, 1940 - Hudson's Coffee Snake
- N. maculata (Peters, 1861) - Spotted Coffee Snake
- N. oxynota (Werner, 1910)
- N. psephota (Cope, 1876) - Cope's Coffee Snake
- N. sebae'' (Duméril, Bibron and Duméril, 1854) - Redback coffee snake, Culebra-de cafetal espalda roja
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ninia.