|Birth name||Nir Felder|
|Born||December 30, 1982|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, composer|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, acoustic guitar|
|Associated acts||Nir Felder 4, Big Heat|
Polytone Mini-Brute II
Nir Felder (born 1982) is an American jazz guitarist, composer, and songwriter. He grew up in Katonah, New York, and attended the Berklee College of Music. Before leading his own band, he played with Greg Osby, Esperanza Spalding, Jack DeJohnette, and Meshell Ndegeocello. He has also collaborated with Australian jazz pianist Barney McAll and singer Gian Slater in the experimental jazz ensemble, Sylent Running.
In 2013, Felder performed a tribute to saxophonist Dexter Gordon at the Montreal International Jazz Festival with Terri Lyne Carrington, Greg Osby, and Orlando Le Fleming. The quartet recreated and played two albums of material by Gordon, Go (1962) and Our Man in Paris (1963).
- As leader
- Golden Age (2014)
- As sideman
- Terri Lyne Carrington, Money Jungle: Provocative in Blue (2013)
- Tony Grey, Elevation (2013)
- The Brian Landrus Kaleidoscope, Mirage (2013)
- David Weiss & Point of Departure, Venture Inward (2013)
- The Brian Landrus Kaleidoscope, Capsule (2011)
- David Weiss & Point of Departure, Snuck Out (2011)
- Bobby Selvaggio, Grass Roots Movement (2011)
- Le Boeuf Brothers, In Praise of Shadows (2011)
- David Weiss & Point of Departure, Snuck In (2010)
- Alper Yılmaz, Over The Clouds (2010)
- Sylent Running, Empathy Chip (2010)
- Rob Mosher, Rob Mosher's Storytime: The Tortoise (2008)
- Greg Osby, 9 Levels (2008)
- Nir Felder, The TVD First Date. The Vinyl District. January 21, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Hindin, Zach (March 27, 2014). Nir Felder: Putting Musical Storytelling Ahead of Chops. JazzTimes. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Chinen, Nate. (August 5, 2010). Bridging Jazz Generations Without Nostalgia. The New York Times, p. 3.
- Schultz, Barbara (January 2014). Nir Felder's 'Golden Age'. Mix. 38(1): 18. ISSN 0164-9957
- Curtis, Rebecca Anne. (March 2010). Australia's Capital of Jazz? The (re)creation of place, music and community at the Wangaratta Jazz Festival. Australian Geographer, 41(1): 101–116. doi:10.1080/00049180903535618 (subscription required)
- Rentner, Simon. (July 5, 2013). Guitarist Nir Felder on Dexter Gordon Tribute in Montreal. WBGO.
- Jackson, Josh. (September 2, 2010). Nir Felder: Introducing The Next Big Jazz Guitarist. NPR. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Barton, Chris. (January 21, 2014). Album Review: Nir Felder's 'Golden Age'. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Chinen, Nate. (July 12, 2013). Jazz. The New York Times. 162(56195): 15. ISSN 0362-4331
- Garelick, Jon. (January 28, 2014). Nir Felder, 'Golden Age'. The Boston Globe.
- Katzif, Michael. (February 4, 2014). Watch Jazz Guitarist Nir Felder Play Live At Rockwood. Soundcheck. WNYC.
- Lockwood, Wayne. (February 4, 2014). Record Store Tuesday: Guitarist Nir Felder forges his own "Golden Age" with debut CD. Daily News. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Orr, Dacey. (November 21, 2013). Song Premiere: Nir Felder – "Lights". Paste.
- Simon, Travis. Kogan, Josh. (March 5, 2014). Undergrowth Episode 36 – Nir Felder. The Undergrowth.
|This article about a jazz guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|