From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(See other stations in Saga)
|Former name||Myōken Station|
|Present name since||1905|
The station is ground level with a single side platform.
- JR Kyushu Karatsu Railway Division Karatsu transportation center
- Nishi-Karatsu Post Office
- Karatsu Police Station
- Kyushu Electric Power Karatsu Thermal power station
- December 1, 1898 - Station is established as Myōken Station (妙見駅 Myōken-eki?).
- October 11, 1905 - Renamed to present name.
- August 1982 - The present station building is completed.
- March 22, 1983 - Electrification of the track between Meinohama Station and Nishi-Karatsu Station is completed.
- April 1, 1987 - Railways privatize and JR Kyushu inherits this station.
- Nishi-Karatsu Station (JR Kyushu) (Japanese)
|This Saga Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|