Nishi (西区 Nishi-ku?) is one of 24 wards of Osaka, Japan. It is in the west of central Osaka ("Nishi" means "west"), and is generally flat. 80% of the area was destroyed by bombing in World War II, and was not regenerated until the mid-1960s.
Governments and International organizations
- Local government
- Osaka city, Nishi ward office (at near Metro Nishi-Nagahori Station)
China Southern Airlines has an office on the first floor of the Shinanobashi Mitsui Building (信濃橋三井ビル Shinanobashi Mitsui Biru). China Eastern Airlines has an office in the Higobashi Lucent Building's (肥後橋ルーセントビル Higobashi Rūsento Biru) first floor. Hainan Airlines operates an office on the fifth floor of the Century Building in Nishi-ku.
The Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Osaka is located in Nishi-ku.
- Nishi Ward Official Website - "Ward Overview", retrieved 10 September 2007 (dead link now )
- "Company Overview." Konica Minolta. Retrieved on May 12, 2009.
- "Contact China Southern Airlines." China Southern Airlines United States. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "SHINANOBASHI MLTSUI [sic] BLDG 1F.1--11-7 UTSUBOHOMMACHI NISHI-KU,OSAKA,JAPAN 550-0004"
- "会社概要." China Southern Airlines Japan. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "〒550-0004 大阪府大阪市西区靱本町1-11-7 信濃橋三井ビル1F"
- "Service locations." China Eastern Airlines. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "Higobashi Lucent Bldg. 1F, 1-6-2, Kyomachibori, Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan 550-0003"
- "日本国内." China Eastern Airlines. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "〒550-0003 大阪市西区京町堀1-6-2 肥後橋ルーセントビル"
- "Contact Us." Hainan Airlines. Retrieved on July 22, 2011. "Century Bldg5F 1-4-16 Kyomachibori Nishi-Ku, Osaka, Japan"
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
Media related to Nishi-ku, Osaka at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website of Nishi Ward (English)
|This Osaka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|