|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
(See other stations in Osaka)
Hanshin Electric Railway
Nishikujō Station (西九条駅 Nishikujō-eki?) is a railway station located in Konohana-ku, Osaka, Japan. It is served by the Osaka Loop Line and the Sakurajima Line (JR Yumesaki Line) owned by West Japan Railway Company (JR West) as well as the Hanshin Namba Line owned by Hanshin Electric Railway.
|JR West Nishikujō Station (2005)|
|Neighborhood etc.||1-32-18 Nishikujō|
|Line(s)||Osaka Loop Line, Sakurajima Line (JR Yumesaki Line)|
|Statistics||24,556 passengers/day (2008)|
At Nishikujō Station, regardless of the train type, through trains to/from the Osaka Loop Line and Sakurajima Line trains arrive and depart from center platforms 2 and 3 (there are two platforms on either side of a single central track). Also, some Osaka-bound trains depart from the Loop Line clockwise-bound platform and some Sakurajima-bound trains from the Loop Line counterclockwise platform.
There are two island platforms with three tracks elevated.
|1||■Osaka Loop Line (mainly from Tennoji)||outer track for Osaka and Kyōbashi|
|■JR Kyoto Line through trains||limited express trains and B rapid services for Shin-Osaka and Kyōto|
|2||■JR Yumesaki Line||for Universal City|
|■Osaka Loop Line||from the JR Yumesaki Line for Osaka and Kyōbashi|
|3||■JR Yumesaki Line||for Universal City|
|■Hanwa Line through trains from Shin-Osaka||rapid services and limited express trains "Kuroshio" for Wakayama and the Kinokuni Line|
|4||■Osaka Loop Line||inner track for Bentenchō, Shin-Imamiya and Tennōji|
|■Yamatoji Line through trains||for Nara|
|■Kansai Airport Line through trains||Kansai Airport rapid services for Kansai Airport|
|■Hanwa Line through trains from Osaka||for Wakayama|
|■part of the JR Yumesaki Line through trains||for Universal City|
|Osaka Loop Line|
|Noda||Regional Rapid Service||Bentencho|
|Noda||Direct Rapid Service||Bentencho|
|Fukushima||Yamatoji Rapid Service||Bentencho|
Kansai Airport Rapid Service
Kishuji Rapid Service
|Tokaido Line (JR Kyōto Line), Osaka Loop Line, Hanwa Line through trains|
|Shin-Osaka||Rapid Service for Wakayama and Kii-Tanabe||Bentencho|
|Shin-Osaka||B Rapid Service for Shin-Ōsaka||Bentencho|
|Sakurajima Line (JR Yumesaki Line)|
|Noda (Osaka Loop Line)||Local (including shuttle trains)||Ajikawaguchi|
Hanshin Electric Railway
|East entrance (2009)|
|Neighborhood etc.||3-15 Nishikujō|
|Station number(s)||HS 45|
|Operator(s)||Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd.|
|Line(s)||Hanshin Namba Line|
|Statistics||22,071 passengers/day (2009)|
The station opened on May 21, 1964.
The station was constructed with the level of tracks which cross over the Osaka Loop Line to schedule to extend to Namba.
The station consists of two elevated side platforms serving a track each. When the station opened, Platform 1 was rarely used while Platform 2 was used for trains bound for Amagasaki. Between 1965 and 1974 when Nishi-Osaka limited express trains were operated, Platform 1 was used for these trains. Until the opening of the Hanshin Namba Line in 2009, the track (platform) was used as the arrival platform from January 23 until February 23.
|1||■Hanshin Namba Line||for Dome-mae, Osaka Namba, Ikoma, Yamato-Saidaiji and Nara|
|2||■Hanshin Namba Line||for Amagasaki, Koshien and Kobe Sannomiya
Change trains at Amagasaki or Kobe Sannomiya for Akashi and Himeji
|Hanshin Namba Line (HS 45)|
|Chidoribashi (HS 46)||Local||Kujō (HS 44)|
|Chidoribashi (HS 46)||Semi-Express
|Kujō (HS 44)|
|Amagasaki (HS 09)||Rapid Express||Kujō (HS 44)|
- Yoshinoya JR Nishikujo
- Nishikujo Park
- Asahibashi Park, Nishikujo Community Plaza
- Creo Osaka West Building
- Osaka Municipal Fire Department Konohana Fire Station Nishikujo Branch
- Ajikawa Tunnel
- Operated by Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau
- Nishikujō (West side of Nishikujō Station)
- Route 82: for Takami Itchome
- Nishikujō (North side of Nishikujō Station)
- Route 56: for Torishima Shako-mae via Kasugade and Shimaya / for Osaka ekimae (Osaka Station) via Subway Tamagawa and Fukushima-nishi-dori
- Route 59: for Torishima Shako-mae and Hokko Yacht Harbor / for Nodahanshin-mae and Osaka ekimae (Osaka Station) via Fukushima Kuyakusho-mae
- Route 79: for Sakurajima Sanchome via Kasugade-minami Nichome and Shimaya
- Route 81: for Maishima Sports Island
- "平成24年のダイヤ変更について" [Diagram Revision in 2012] (PDF) (Press release) (in Japanese). Kintetsu Corporation. January 20, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- "3月20日（火・祝）、全線のダイヤ改正を実施!" [Diagram Revision on Tuesday (Holiday), March 20, 2012] (PDF) (Press release) (in Japanese). Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd. January 20, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2012.