Nishtar Institute of Dentistry
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Nishtar Institute of Dentistry|
|Motto||Learn to serve|
|Established||1974, Dental Section, Nishtar Medical College|
|Principal||Prof. Dr. Pervaiz Iqbal|
|Affiliations||University of Health Sciences, Lahore|
Nishtar Institute of Dentistry (NID) is a tertiary care dental setup located in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan that provides dental health care facilities primarily to the city of Multan and generally to the entire Southern Punjab region. It also caters the patients from adjoining areas of interior Sindh, Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtoon Khwah.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery B.D.S
- Fellowship FCPS of College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan : in Operative Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Membership MCPS of College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan : in Operative Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- MDS in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- B.T.D Bachelor in dental lab technology
- The college was initially affiliated with University of the Punjab Lahore, the only university in Punjab at that time.
- In 1975 it became affiliated with Bahauddin Zakariya University, a newly formed university for Southern Punjab.
- In January 2003 it became affiliated with the University of Health Sciences, Lahore.
The college is recognized for undergraduate and post-graduate training by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan. Prof. Muhammad Pervaiz Iqbal Phd, the current head is a member of Board of Studies, whereas previous head Muhammad Saeed (dentist) is the convener Board of Studies - Dentistry University of Health Sciences, Lahore
Nishtar Institute of Dentistry has the following departments
- Basic Health Sciences departments in affiliation with the Nishtar Medical College
- Behavioral Science
- Dental Sciences departments
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric dentistry
- Operative Dentistry
- Community Dentistry
- Operation room
- 6 bed ward
In addition allied specialty exposure is done in then Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Department of Conservative Dentistry.
- Attached teaching hospitals
Nishtar Hospital, Multan
- University of Health Sciences Lahore - Official Website