Faour was born in Tarshiha, Israel, and moved to the United States to study theater and performance when she was 16. She studied theater directing at the University of Haifa. She has performed in a number of award-winning theatrical plays. She also appeared in films such as In the Eighth Month, directed by Ali Nassar and Jamr Alhikaya (Whispering Embers). Her television appearances include Family Deluxe and Mishwar Al-Joma.
Faour's performance as Muna Farah, a Palestinian immigrant to the United States in the 2009 independent film Amreeka, received high marks from film critics. American film critic Kenneth Turan argues that, while all of the casting choices "are excellent, [...] it is Palestinian actress Nisreen Faour as the irrepressible Muna who truly owns the picture".
- 2009 Dubai International Film Festival - Won Muhr Award as Best Actress for Amreeka
- 2010 Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film - Nominated Chlotrudis Award for Best Actress: Amreeka 
- 2010 Independent Spirit Awards - Nominated Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead - Amreeka
- Amreeka Official Site: Cast
- Amereeka: Nisreen Faour charming as Palestinian coping with America
- Torn in the U.S.A.
- Los Angeles Times film review: Amreeka
- 2009 Muhr Arab winners
- Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film:2010, 16th Annual Award
- "2010 Film Independent's Spirit Awards Nominees and Winners". About.com. 2010. Retrieved July 9, 2010.