|Nissan Juke (F15)|
|Also called||Infiniti ESQ|
|Production||August 26, 2010–present|
Sunderland, United Kingdom (NMUK)
Purwakarta, Indonesia (Nissan Motor Indonesia)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan B platform|
1.5 L HR15DE I4
1.6 L MR16DDT Turbo I4
1.6 L HR16DE I4
3.8 L VR38DETT Twin-Turbo V6 (Juke-R)
1.5 L Renault K9K I4
6-speed dual-clutch automatic (Juke-R)
|Wheelbase||2,530 mm (99.6 in)|
|Length||4,125 mm (162.4 in)|
|Width||1,765 mm (69.5 in)|
|Height||1,570 mm (61.8 in)|
|Curb weight||1,321–1,334 kg (2,912–2,941 lb) (MT)
1,342–1,365 kg (2,959–3,009 lb) (CVT)
1,427–1,456 kg (3,146–3,210 lb) (AWD)
|Predecessor||Nissan Micra (in Mexico)|
The Nissan Juke is a Mini Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) produced by the Japanese automotive manufacturer Nissan since 2010. The production version made its debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show in March, and was introduced to North America at the 2010 New York International Auto Show.
On 11 February 2009, Nissan announced that the model would go into production at the Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd (NMUK) plant in Washington, UK, during 2010 following its appearance as the Nissan Qazana concept car at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. The Washington plant manufactures for the European market, while Nissan's facility in Oppama, Japan, produces the vehicle for all other countries and is the sole supplier of the all-wheel drive variant. The car was launched in the UK on September 24, 2010.
In Japan, where the car was launched on 9 June 2010, orders totalled 10,943 units in its first month, surpassing Nissan's monthly target of 1,300. By 5 October 2010, Japanese sales had increased to 20,000 while European and US figures also exceeded expectations with orders for 30,000 and 17,500 cars taken for the respective markets.
In 2014, at the International Auto Show in Geneva, Nissan unveiled the revised Nissan Juke for 2015 model year, that is set to go on sale in the summer of 2014. The new Juke will host a new array of customisation options for 2014. The Juke will serve as the basis for the Infiniti QX30 and the Juke will be sold in China as the rebadged Infiniti ESQ.
The car's profile is dominated by the prominent wheel arches and the body's high waistline which contrast with the slim side windows, which is a modern interpretation of "coke bottle styling" popular during the 1960s and 1970s. Echoing a style first seen on the Maxima, Nissan's high performance electric coupé concept shown at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show, the glasshouse resembles a crash helmet visor. A coupé-like appearance is achieved by the rear door handles being located near the C-pillars, within the window frame. Locating the rear door handles is a Nissan styling tradition, begun with the 1985 Nissan Pathfinder. The sport motif continues inside with the red- or grey-painted centre console bearing similarity to a motorcycle fuel tank.
The front end features a stacked array of lights. Running lamps and indicators are mounted atop the front wings, their lenses visible from inside the cabin as an aid to manoeuvring. Below them, under the lower edges of an expansive, curved grille, the main headlamps are intended to be reminiscent of those fitted to rally cars during the 1960s and 1970s. Where fitted, fog lamps are situated on a third level within the sump guard at the bottom.
The Juke features seating for five (two in front, three in back). The rear seats have a 60/40 split and can be folded down independently in order to carry larger objects. The rear cargo area is small but features additional storage beneath the floor (front wheel drive models only).
The center portion of the dash contains the radio and the I-CON control (if so equipped—see below). Depending on market and trim level the Juke may be equipped with: iPod or USB connectivity, GPS navigation, rear-view camera, and bluetooth audio.
A somewhat deep glovebox on the passenger side houses an iPod connector (if so equipped).
Common to all but base models is Nissan's Integrated Control System, dubbed I-CON: a command module that sits in the lower dashboard, which manages both the climate control and the vehicle's drive mode (Normal, Sport or Eco). Its display and nomenclature change according to the function selected. Among the available display data are fuel efficiency stats, real-time G-force measurements, and turbo boost pressure.
- Braking performance
- 97 km/h (60–0 mph): 38 m (124 ft)
- (with MR16DDT engine only)
- 97 km/h (0–60 mph): 8.0 s (CVT)
- 400 m (1/4 mile): 15.2 s at 147.9 km/h (91.9 mph)
- Top speed: 219.2 km/h (137 mph)
- Fuel economy
- (with MR16DDT engine)
The original Juke serves as the base model for the other Juke models. The Juke has different trim designations depending on international markets.
- S level in both manual & automatic CVT transmission. SV level, I-CON system is NOT standard & is available as an option. SL level, I-CON system is standard, Navigation system is available.
- Three levels are available with the MR16DDT engine: S, SV and SL. The base engine is rated at 188 hp (140 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m) of torque. The base S model is available only with a CVT transmission and lacks the I-CON display. The SV model adds I-CON, optional 6-speed manual transmission, and moonroof. The SL model adds leather seats, USB connectivity, and a rear-view camera. All-wheel drive with torque vectoring is optional on all trims but cannot be paired with a manual transmission.
- Four levels are specified. The RX and RS models are equipped with the HR15DE I4 engine, while the MR16DDT is supplied for the 16GT and 16GT FOUR.
- Three trim levels are indicated for the HR16DE, K9K and MR16DDT engines: Visia, Acenta (also available with Sport and Premium packs) and Tekna.
- New Zealand
- Two trim levels, ST and Ti, are available. Both are front wheel drive and are powered by the HR16DE engine with the sole transmission, the XTRONIC CVT. Some features on the higher spec Ti include 17 inch alloy wheels, Dynamic Control System (DCS) drive modes, intelligent key with push start button and dual front, side and curtain airbags. The 1.6 turbo engine will be released in the coming months.
- Juke for Indonesian market comes with two trims : RX and Red, with one engine type: HR15DE I4. Both trims available only with XTRONIC CVT transmission. The Red model adds roof spoiler, different grill colour and bigger audio display screen. On Februari 2015 Nissan Motor Indonesia added "Revolt" trim to the lineup, while introducing facelift for Indonesian Juke. So the line up consists RX and Revolt trims (Red models was no longer offered) with red or black interior option.
Juke Nismo 2014
New for 2013, the NISMO version differs from the base Juke in styling changes to the bumpers and skirts, interior styling, modified suspension and steering, 18 in (46 cm) wheels, an unspecified "torque vectoring" option, and engine tuning. The engine is rated at 197 hp (147 kW) and 184 lb·ft (249 N·m) of torque. For the American Market there is also a higher-end Nismo RS variant, with upgraded standard equipment (Recaro front seats, carbon fiber). The engine is upgraded to 215 hp (160 kW) and 210 lb·ft (285 N·m).
The New York Times review was generally positive, but: "About that styling: I love it, but you might hate it. ... The face is dominated by bug-eye headlamps, and the running lights bulge up above the hood such that they’re in the driver’s line of sight. At night, the effect is of large bioluminescent slugs lounging atop the front fenders. Admittedly, it’s more appealing than I’m making it sound." 
The Juke-R is a limited production run Juke with a Nissan GT-R's VR engine that boasts 545 hp (406 kW). Nissan has recently[when?] announced a total of 21 Juke-Rs will be produced with the 2013 GT-R's running gear and performance stats.
Nissan Juke ACENTA
The Juke ACENTA is the latest production model Juke with a DIG-T 115 2WD petrol Engine with a fuel consumption of 50.4 and a CO2 Emission rating of 129g/km mpg it has a six-speed manual transmission Body sizes are: Height 1565mm, Length 4135mm, Body Width 1765mm. 
|1.6||1.6||1.6 DIG-T||1.6 DIG-T (Nismo)||1.5 dCi DPF|
|In Production Since:||since 02/2013||since 10/2010||since 10/2010||since 03/2013||since 10/2010|
|Engine Type:||Inline-4||Inline-4, Turbocharged||Inline-4Turbodiesel, Common rail|
|Displacement:||1598 cm³||1618 cm³||1461 cm³|
|Power:||69 kW (94 PS)/5400||86 kW (117 PS)/6000||140 kW (190 PS)/5600||147 kW (200 PS)/6000||81 kW (110 PS)/4000|
|Torque:||140 Nm/3200–4400||157 Nm/4000||240 Nm/2000–5600||250 Nm/2400–4800||240 Nm/1750|
|Standard Transmission:||5-Speed Manual||6-Speed Manual|
|Optional Transmission:||—||Continuously variable transmission||—|
|Weight:||1195–1225 kg||1215—1272 (1217—1290) kg||1325–1350 [1455—1475] kg||1325–1350 [1455—1475] kg||1320–1360 kg|
|maximum payload:||420–450 kg||380–458 kg||385–410 kg||385–410 kg||390–430 kg|
|Acceleration, 0–100 km/h:||12,0 s||11,1 (11,5) s||8,0 [8,4] s||7,8 [8,2] s||11,2 s|
|Top Speed:||168 km/h||(170) 178 km/h|| 215 km/h|| 215 km/h||175 km/h|
per 100 km (Combined):
|6,0||6,0 (6,3 l) Super||6,9 [7,4] l Super||6,9 [7,4] l Super||4,8 l Diesel|
|CO2-Emission, combined:||138||139 (145) g/km||159  g/km||159–169  g/km||124 g/km|
|Euro Emissions Classification:||Euro 5|
- [ ]= with AWD ( )= with CVT
Reviews regarding the Nissan Juke have mainly been somewhat positive with the vehicle's unconventional styling regarded as a matter of personal taste. Many regard the tight interior dimensions as a negative.[weasel words]
Awards and recognition
- Nissan Juke received Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick in 2011.
- A Nissan Juke driven by stunt-driver Terry Grant claimed a Guinness World Record when it was driven round the Goodwood Hill Course on two wheels in 2 minutes 55 seconds.
- "Nissan Juke UK sales figures". HowManyLeft.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Nissan Juke Press Pack". Nissan Press. 2009-05-16. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan/Infiniti News Room". Nissannews.com. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- "Nissan Qazana concept car (2010)". Car Magazine. 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan Sunderland Plant Celebrates Juke Launch". Nissan Press. 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Funky Nissan Juke launched to great reception in Japan". globalpost.com. 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan Juke sells like hot cakes". autoevolution.com. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "2015 Nissan Juke SUV Review". 2015carreviews.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Infiniti ESQ to be a luxury Nissan Juke for China". Car Advice. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Nissan Juke first drive". Auto Express. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan Juke SL AWD". Drivencarreviews.com. 2010-09-03. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "First Test: 2011 Nissan Juke SV". Motortrend.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "2011 Nissan Juke SL - Short Take Road Test". Caranddriver.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Juke". Nissan USA. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan Japan: Juke". .nissan.co.jp. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Nissan adds Juke 16GT and 16GT FOUR grades". Nissan Global. 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Nissan Juke Nismo Makes Its World Premiere At Le Mans". newsroom.nissan-europe.com. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Lord Zog, Your Ride Is Ready", NY Times, 02/08/2014
- "Nissan Launches Limited Run of Exciting JUKE-R as it Stars in Own Movie". nissannews.com. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Nissan Motor Features "Star Wars" Character "Stormtroopers" in Its "JUKE" Model Promotion Blitz". Bloomberg L.P. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- 2011 Top Safety Picks By The IIHS
- "Terry Grant drives a lap of a course on only two wheels in a Nissan Juke - Car Videos on". Buyyourcar.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nissan Juke.|
|Nissan light truck timeline, North American market, 1980s–present|
|Compact MPV||Stanza Wagon/Multi||Axxess|
|Compact crossover||Rogue||Rogue Select|
|Pickup||Datsun Truck||Hardbody Truck||Frontier||Frontier|