Nissan ZD engine
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
The Nissan ZD30 engine family is a 3 litre (2953 cc), inline four cylinder, diesel engine that replaced the Nissan QD engine. Available in both traditional turbo, variable geometry turbo (aka VGT or VNT), and non turbo versions. The engine uses a Drive-by-wire engine management system with a draw-through MAF sensor. Produced from 1999 - current, the newest models feature a common rail design.
- Patrol - Chassis Code Y61
- Caravan - Chassis Code E25 and VWE25
- Urvan - Chassis Code E25
- Homy - Chassis Code E25
- Elgrand - Chassis Code E50, E51
- Terrano - Chassis Code R50
- Terrano - Chassis Code R20 (Europe only)
The power differences stem from types of vehicles and routing of necessary pipings, as well types of manifold with different features. Engines that produce 170 hp (130 kW) have MAF sensors incorporated in them, while the 120 hp (89 kW) and 130 hp (97 kW) versions do not use a MAF sensor. Conversions can be done using the ECU from any of the higher horsepower units using the MAF sensor along with the MAF, which has to be wired into the loom of the 120 hp (89 kW) and 130 hp (97 kW) versions.
? ALL e25 and R50 and e50 all use MAF
Version and production
- ZD30DD is a DOHC, Direct injected, 16 valve non-turbo engine 105 hp (78 kW)
- ZD30DDT version is a DOHC, Direct injected, 16 valve, turbocharged engine 110 kW (150 PS; 148 hp) @ 3400 rpm and 314 N·m (232 lb·ft; 32 kg·m) @ 2000 rpm, C.R. 17.9:1
- ZD30DDTi version is a DOHC, Direct injected, 16 valve, turbocharged, intercooled engine 121 hp (90 kW), 130 hp (97 kW), and 170 hp (130 kW).
Power and torque
- Nissan Caravan - Urvan ZD30DD 105 hp (78 kW) @3800, 21.3 kg·m (209 N·m; 154 lb·ft) (MT)/ 23 kg·m (230 N·m; 170 lb·ft) (AT) @ 2000 rpm (non-turbo)
- Nissan Caravan - Urvan ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooled 121 hp (90 kW) @ 3200 rpm, 27 kg·m (260 N·m; 200 lb·ft) @ 1600-3200 rpm
- Nissan Navara (D22) - ZD30DDT Turbo Non-Intercooler 110 kW (150 PS; 148 hp)
- Nissan Patrol - ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooler 158 hp (118 kW) @ 3600 rpm, ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooler 170 hp (130 kW) @ 3600 rpm, 37.0 kg·m (363 N·m; 268 lb·ft) @ 1800 rpm
- Nissan Terrano II - ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooled 170 hp (130 kW) @ 3600 rpm, 36.0 kg·m (353 N·m; 260 lb·ft) @ 1800 rpm
- Nissan Elgrand - ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooled 170 hp (130 kW) @ 3600 rpm, 36.0 kg·m (353 N·m; 260 lb·ft) @ 1800 rpm
- Nissan Atleon - ZD30DDTi Turbo Intercooled Euro5/EEV 150 hp (110 kW) @ 3400 rpm, 35 kg·m (340 N·m; 250 lb·ft) @ 1500 rpm (for 3.5 ton and 5.6 ton GVWR models)