From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Nissan (disambiguation).
Nissen may refer to:
- a creature in Norse mythology, see Tomte
- a Danish patronymic surname meaning "son of Nis" (Danish short form of Nicholas)
- a building shaped like a tube cut in half along the middle and made from corrugated iron sheets, see Nissen hut
- The Nissen Building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Nissen fundoplication - surgery
People named Nissen include:
- Georg Nikolaus von Nissen (1761–1826), Danish diplomat and writer, known as a biographer of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sönke Nissen (1870–1923), German industrialist and philanthropist.
- Peter Norman Nissen (1871–1930), Canadian mining engineer.
- Hans-Hermann Nissen (1893-1980), German bass-baritone
- Rudolph Nissen (1896–1981), German surgeon and inventor of the Nissen fundoplication.
- George Nissen (1914-2010) inventor of the modern Trampoline
- Hans Joerg Nissen (born 1935), German archaeologist.
- Henry Nissen (born 1948 as Henry Nissenbaum), German/Australian boxer of the 1970s
- Steven E. Nissen (born 1949), heart specialist and chairman of cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Nissen. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|