From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Nissan (disambiguation).
Nissen may refer to:
- a creature in Norse mythology, see Tomte
- a Danish patronymic surname meaning "son of Nis" (Danish short form of Nicholas)
- a Nissen hut, a building shaped like a tube cut in half along the middle and made from corrugated iron sheets
- the Nissen Building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Nissen fundoplication, a surgical procedure to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernia
People named Nissen include:
- Georg Nikolaus von Nissen (1761–1826), Danish diplomat and writer, and author of one of the first biographies of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Peter Norman Nissen (1871–1930), Canadian mining engineer
- Hans-Hermann Nissen (1893-1980), German bass-baritone
- Rudolph Nissen (1896–1981), German surgeon and inventor of the Nissen fundoplication
- George Nissen (1914-2010) inventor of the modern trampoline
- Henry Nissen (born 1948 as Henry Nissenbaum), German/Australian boxer of the 1970s
- Steven E. Nissen (born 1949), heart specialist and chairman of cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nissen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Nissen. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|