Logo for the MTV series.
|Created by||Gregg Godfrey
Jolene Van Vugt
|Executive producer(s)||Gregg Godfrey
|Production company(s)||Dickhouse Productions|
Nitro Circus is an "action sport collective" led by Travis Pastrana, featuring his friends and him traveling around the world riding dirtbikes, base jumping, and performing stunts. It has spawned a tour, a second television series based on the tour, and a 3D feature film.
The collective began by releasing about 10 DVDs during the early 2000s. Good sales led to the creation of the television show.
|Travis & the Nitro Circus|
|Travis & the Nitro Circus 2|
|Nitro Circus 3|
|Nitro Circus 4: Lock N Load|
|Nitro Circus 5: Thrillbillies|
|Nitro Circus 6: Thrillbillies Doublewide|
|Nitro Circus 7: Country Fried|
|Nitro Circus: Greatest Hits|
Television show 
Originally run as a 2006 miniseries on Fuel TV, it began running as an episodic reality television show on MTV that featured people performing various dangerous stunts. Nitro Circus officially debuted on February 8, 2009; Season 2 premiered on August 27, 2009.
Following the MTV show, a tour was organized featuring numerous action sports athletes, including Aaron Fotheringham (wheelchair), Jake Brown (skateboarding), Chris Haffey (inline skating) and many others. Numerous tricks on the tour have been performed for the first time ever, including the "Special Flip" and the back-flip tail-whip to late 360 degree turn, both performed on a BMX bike.
Nitro Circus Live 
3D film 
Nitro Circus: The Movie 3D was released August 8, 2012 in the United States and November 15, 2012 in Australia and New Zealand for one week. Release dates for other countries are to be announced.
Jim DeChamp suffered a serious back injury on June 29, 2011, while shooting for the 3D film. After undergoing surgery, his doctors indicated there was no spinal damage and that they expect him to make a full recovery.
Damien Starkey and Paul Phillips both ex-Puddle of Mudd members scored the movie and provided the majority of the music. This was done through Starkey's company Give 2 Get Music.
- Travis Pastrana
- Title: "Pro action sports athlete"
- Pastrana is the Ringleader of the Nitro Circus Crew, is a pro FMX rider, rallycar driver, and NASCAR driver, and is usually the first to attempt any stunt involving dirt bikes or BMX bikes.
- Andy Bell
- Title: "Washed-up motorcycle rider"
- Former FMX rider. Bell holds a rivalry with Pastrana involving Big Wheel tricycles stemming from the first episode of the series.
- Jolene Van Vugt
- Title: "Pro motocross racer"
- Canadian Female Motocross Champion. She joins Pastrana in many stunts involving dirt bikes. Van Vugt took on more of a cheerleading role in the second season after breaking her arm and can be seen wearing a pink cast throughout the season.
- Jim DeChamp
- Title: "Pro mountain biker"
- Pro mountain bike downhill racer and freestyle rider. He has been friends with Pastrana since childhood. They collaborate on many stunts together on the show. Became the first person to land a front-flip on a motorbike to dirt, as seen in the 7th episode of the first season.
- Erik Roner
- Title: "Pro skier/base jumper"
- Pro extreme skier and base jumper. Roner is usually the first to attempt any stunt involving snow.
- Tommy Passemante
- Title: "Construction Worker"
- Known by his nickname "Street Bike Tommy", given for a failed stunt in which he attempted to jump his Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle into the foam pit but overshot, breaking both his legs. He functions as the comic relief member of the crew, and is commonly employed for stunts that are the most dangerous and require the least amount of talent, known as "zero skill stunts".
- Greg Powell (Special Greg)
- Title: "Travis' cousin"
- Pastrana's Cousin. Going by the nickname "Special Greg", Powell is the all-around member of the team, and generally attempts any stunt on the show. He was the first person to land a "Special Flip" on a BMX bike. He was a wide receiver on the University of Maryland football team from 2003–06 and is currently an over-the-wall crewman for Pastrana in NASCAR. 
- Official website
- Nitro Circus Official Store
- Nitro Circus Fan Site
- Official Nitro Circus UK Store
- MTV: Nitro Circus
- Nitro Circus at IMDb