|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2013)|
Nitro PDF Professional 9 running on Microsoft Windows 8
|Stable release||Nitro Reader 18.104.22.168 / August 1, 2013
Nitro Pro 22.214.171.124 / December 19, 2013
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
Nitro develops commercial software used to create, edit, sign, and secure Portable Document Format (PDF) files and digital documents. The Nitro ecosystem consists of Nitro Pro, Nitro Cloud, Nitro Reader, and a suite of free document conversion sites including www.pdftoword.com, www.wordtopdf.com, www.pdftoexcelonline.com, www.exceltopdfonline.com, www.pdftoppt.com, and www.ppttopdfonline.com.
Nitro’s product family is intended for the professional market and although its desktop products are Windows-only, Nitro Cloud is compatible with any web browser on any machine. The Nitro PDF Reader is freeware for both personal and professional use.
Nitro Pro (previously Nitro PDF Professional) is a desktop product that offers full PDF creation and editing capabilities.
Some of the key features include:
- Lets you edit text, graphics, and the page arrangement.
- Lets you modify text and graphics properties.
- Converts PDF files to Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, JPEG (at a select DPI), PNG, TIFF or text files.
- Viewing, creating and printing PDF files
- Reviewing, commenting and adding markups to PDF documents
- Creating and filling PDF forms
- Converting paper-based files to searchable and editable PDF documents with OCR
- QuickSign allows the user to scan a copy of their signature to stamp into any PDF documents
- Nitro Cloud integration gives the user the ability to start collaboration, signing, and sharing workflows directly in the cloud.
|Nitro Pro 9||Sep 2013||New features: Compare, Measurement Tools, Spellcheck, Batch Print, Whiteout, Outlook Plugin, Nitro Cloud Integration|
|Nitro Pro 8||Sep 2012||New features: Type Text Smart Alignment, Automatic OCR during conversion, Auto Recovery, Scanned Document Detection, Autonomy WorkSite Integration, In-Application Purchasing|
|Nitro Pro 7||Nov 2011||New features: Redesigned user interface, Secure Redaction of text, DMS integration, Support for showing/hiding, Thumbnail Handler, Preview Handler, Updated Nitro Renderer, Type Text tool, Web Browser integration, Stamp Signature, Edit tool, Enterprise Deployment Utility, Comments Pane, Full Screen Facing Pages, File menu Save As Flattened PDF, View preferences, Page view zoom level, Document closing controls, Support items|
|Nitro Pro 6.2||Mar 2011||New features: Conversion to multi-page TIFF, Evernote® plugin, 256-bit encryption|
|Nitro Pro 5.5.1||Apr 2009||New features: x64 versions of Windows, replace text commenting tool, 'Show/hide field' action, Unicode fonts, Integration with Lotus Notes, Streamlined deployment|
Nitro PDF Reader (actual version is Nitro Reader 3) is a light and freeware version of the full "Pro" Windows product that allows users to view, create, sign and collaborate on PDF documents. It is similar to (and can replace on one's Windows machine) the free Adobe Reader as one's default PDF reader; with the added benefit (over Adobe's free Reader) of that users may create PDF files from more than 300 file types by specifying the file to be turned into a PDF in the reader's interface, or by dragging-'n-dropping said file onto Nitro PDF Reader's Windows desktop icon. Creating PDF files by "printing" them to the virtual printer driver that Nitro PDF Reader automatically installs, from inside virtually any application, is the third means of PDF file creation. There are no watermarks or limitations, regardless of creation method. Users of the free Nitro PDF Reader may also markup documents and provide feedback, and stamp their signatures directly onto a PDF (known as PDF document "signing", which can also be done in the free Adobe Reader). Unlike many third-party (that is, not made by Adobe) PDF creators, Ghostscript is not additionally needed.
Nitro Cloud is a web-based document solution that allows users to convert, collaborate, and sign directly in the browser. Nitro Cloud is free to use for 5 documents a month.
- Desktops: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Blue 8.1.
- Servers: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 512 MB system memory
- Display: 1024x768 screen resolution
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft Office 2003 or newer
Hardware: Intel Pentium 4 or equal, 512 MB RAM or more, 200 MB free HD space
- Official website
- Open PDF Specification version 1.6
- Nitro PDF Professional (32-bit) (Version 7) from CNET
- PDF Software Review
- Bridges: Newsletter of the Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|