Location of Nivala in Finland
|• Town manager||Kari Valtanen|
|• Total||536.87 km2 (207.29 sq mi)|
|• Land||527.95 km2 (203.84 sq mi)|
|• Water||8.92 km2 (3.44 sq mi)|
|Area rank||217th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||93rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||20.94/km2 (54.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||23%|
|• 15 to 64||60.4%|
|• 65 or older||16.6%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.5%|
It is located in the province of Oulu and is part of the Northern Ostrobothnia region. The town has a population of 11,053 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 536.87 square kilometres (207.29 sq mi) of which 8.92 km2 (3.44 sq mi) is water. The population density is 20.94 inhabitants per square kilometre (54.2 /sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Haapajärvi, Haapavesi, Sievi and Ylivieska.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Typically landscate is steady and lot of area is well planted field.
Kalajoki river flows through municipality. Bigges lake is Pidisjärvi. Other lakes; Suojärvi at south and Erkkisjärvi at east.
- Kyösti Kallio, the fourth President of Finland (1937–1940), was a resident of Nivala.
- Henri Sandvik, hockey player
- Atte Ohtamaa, hockey player
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Nivala at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Nivala – Official website
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|