Nizamabad Railway Station
|• Type||Nizamabad Municipal Corporation|
|• Member of Parliament||K.Kavitha (TRS)|
|• Member of the Legislative Assembly||B.Ganesh (TRS)|
|• Total||144 km2 (56 sq mi)|
|Elevation||395 m (1,296 ft)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 (5,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 16,erstwhile AP 25 |
|Sex ratio||1001/1000 Females/males ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Nizamabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nizamabad Urban|
Nizāmābād pronunciation (help·info) is a city and a municipal corporation in the Nizamabad District of Telangana, India. It was known as Indur and is the headquarters of the Nizamabad district. It is one of the major urban centre in Telangana and the third biggest city in Telangana after Hyderabad and Warangal.As of 2011[update] Indian census, the population is recorded as 310,467,while the 2014 House Hold Survey by Govt. of Telangana recorded the population as 487,709 which makes it the third most populous city in Telangana.
Nizamabad's original name was Indur. It was ruled by the king Nizam in the 18th century, and took its name from him. In 1905 the railway line between Secundrabad and Manmad was constructed. The city was named after Nizam ul Mulk, the fourth Nizam of Hyderabad state. The Nizam Sagar dam was constructed in 1923 across the Manjira River at the village of Achampet. It irrigates 250,000 acres (1,000 km2; 390 sq mi) of land in Nizamabad District.
Nizamabad is located at  Nizamabad is bounded on the north by Adilabad district, on the east by Karimnagar district, on the south by Medak district, and on the west by Nanded district of Maharastra State and Bidar of Karnataka State. The geographical area of these six districts is 7,956 square kilometres (3,072 sq mi). The district lies between 180 5' and 190' of the northern latitudes and 770 4' and 780 37' of the eastern longitudes.Nizamabad city has an area of 53.83 km2.Gandhi Chowk divides the city into two parts,Locals call it Old City(21.47 km2) and New City(32.36 km2).According to Telangana house survey the old city comprises majority of Muslim population..
As the city is situated at a considerable distance from the coast, the climate is tropical savanna with most rainfall from June to October. The temperature goes as low as 5 °C (41 °F) while the average is 18 °C (64 °F) during winter and rises as high as 47 °C (117 °F) and the average is 46 °C (115 °F) during the summer peak. Average annual temperature is 32 °C (90 °F).
As of the 2011 India census, Nizāmābād had a population of 310,467. Males constituted 51 percent of the population, and females constituted 49 percent. Nizamabad has an average literacy rate of 80.31 percent, higher than the national average of 74.04 percent; male literacy is 86.82 percent and female literacy is 73.83 percent. In Nizamabad, 13 percent of the population is under six years of age. Nizamabad is the third most populous city in Telangana after Hyderabad and Warangal.
The Nizamabad Municipal Corporation is the municipal governing body of the city of Nizamabad in the India state of Telangana.The municipal corporation consists of democratically-elected members, is headed by a mayor and administers the city's infrastructure and administration. The Municipality was constituted in the year 1931 and upgraded as special grade Municipality in the year 1987.The Nizamabad Municipality upgraded as Nizamabad Municipal Corporation on 5 March 2005 vide GONo:109
Nizamabād is well connected by roadways. The National Highway 7 passes through the city which connects Varanasi – Kanyakumari. NH16, 500 kilometres (310 mi) long, starts at Nizamabad and passes through Karimnagar to Jagadalpur in the state of Chhattisgarh.
Bus service is one of the important modes of transportation in Nizamabad. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) runs buses, with a bus for every 15 minutes to Hyderabad. They also offer a premium service, with Mercedes Benz buses, from Nizamabad to Hyderabad and Bangalore. APSRTC also connects to other major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Warangal, Tirupathi, Vijayawada etc.
The Nizamabad railway station is located in the Kachiguda-Manmad section of Hyderabad Division of the South Central Railway Zone (SCR). Nizamabad has rail connectivity with major cities like Secunderabad, Kacheguda, Warangal, Kazipet, Adilabad,Nanded,Manmad, Khammam, Nalgonda, Mahbubnagar, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry, Guntur, Nellore, Kurnool, Cuddapah, Tirupati,Erode, Chennai, Banglore, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Surat and Bhopal.Many new railway lines are under construction.
The airport nearest to Nizamabad is Nanded Airport, at 136 km (85 mi). Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Hyderabad, 162 km (101 mi) away, is the nearest international airport. An airport is proposed at Jakranpally near Nizamabad.
With major irrigation projects like Sri Ram Sagar (Pochampahad), Nizam Sagar, Pocharam, Ali Sagar Lift Irrigation, and the Gupta Lift Irrigation agriculture has flourished, and the major crops grown are sugarcane, turmeric, rice, maize, sorghum, pearl millet, and all types of vegetables.
There are many industries in Nizamabad. There are also industries in the public sector as well. Some of them include Nizam Deccan Sugar Ltd., Shakkar Nagar, Indur Green power Pvt. Ltd., and Nizamabad Corn Products.Nizam Deccan Sugar Factory was the biggest sugar factory in Asia during the reign of Nizams.
Real estate in Nizamabad is booming since recent years with large number of high rise apartments and commercial complexes as high as 15 floors are under construction,as the city is quickly spreading along its peripheral area the real estate industry is rapidly growing.
Niamabad is a major education centre in Telangana. Many engineering colleges are located in and around the city. Vijay Rural Engineering College, Nizamabad (VREC), affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) is the reputed engineering college located in Telangana. Kakatiya Institutions of Nizamabad is the group of the most famous schools & colleges in state of Telangana and the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.Students from neighbouring cities and districts like Nanded and Adilabad come here to study.
Telangana University is a public university under the government of TELANGANA, located at Dichpally, 15 km from the city. There are many educational institutions that provide education namely VREC, Arkay College of Engineering and Technology, Kshatriya College of Engineering, Kakatiya Engineering College for Women, Ganga Pharmacy college,Government Medical College, Nishitha Degree College, etc.
Alisagar is 10 km (6.2 mi) from Nizamabad and 2 km (1.2 mi) off the Nizamabad-Basar road. The forest spread along with the summer house, well laid out gardens, an island and hilltop guest house make it a favored getaway. Adding to the attraction is the deer park and facilities for trekking and water sports.
- Badapahad dargah is one of the oldest Muslim pilgrim centers,built in the memory of Hazrat Syed Hussaini,built on top of a hillock,located at a distance of 38 kilometers from the city.
- Malavath Purna is a 13-year-old student from Nizamabad who became the youngest girl ever to climb Mount Everest when she reached the peak on 25 May 2014. She was accompanied by Sadanapalli Anand, a 17-year-old student from Khammam.
- Nikhat Zareen is an Indian boxer who won gold medals at international boxing tournaments.
- Yendala Soundarya is the vice-captain of Indian women's national field hockey team.
- Nithiin is an Indian film actor who works primarily for the Telugu film industry.
- Sagar Bhogaraju is a young scientist who performed research work in structural biology and biochemistry which was presented at the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry in Munich, Germany.
- List of cities in Telangana by population
- Nizamabad Railway Station
- Nizamabad Bus Station
- "Population 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- Students' Britannica India, Volumes 1-5. Popular Prakashan. 2000. p. 117. ISBN 9780852297605.
- Andhra Pradesh District Gazetteers: Ranga Reddy. Director of Print. and Stationery at the Government Secretariat Press; copies can be from: Government Publication Bureau, Andhra Pradesh. 2000. p. 165.
- "Nizamabad info". nizamabadcorporation. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Nizamabād". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "North South East West Map". National Highway Development Project. Retrieved 16 June 2008.
- Mercedes Benz of India
- P. RAM MOHAN (7 June 2013). "More land required for airport at Jakranpally". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Arkay College of Engineering & Technology
- Welcome to Kshatriya College of Engineering - KCEA website
- Nizamabad Medical College
- "13-year-old Purna becomes youngest girl to scale Everest". The Times of India. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.