నిజామాబాద్ జిల్లా/نظام آباد ضلع
|District of Telangana|
Qilla Nizamabad district
Location in Telangana, India
(Officially from 2nd June 2014)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nizāmābād District (Telugu: నిజామాబాద్ జిల్లా Urdu: نظام آباد ضلع; also known as NZB) is located in the north-western region in the state of Telangana, India. Nizāmābād is the current and official name of the district.
- 1 Etymology
- 2 Overview
- 3 Geography
- 4 Amenities and Infrastructural facilities
- 5 Economy
- 6 Industries and Public Sector Undertakings
- 7 Divisions
- 8 Nizamabad District Urban Population 2011
- 9 Notable People
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Nizam + Abad = Nizam, governor (of the empire) from Arabic Niẓam, Abād means City.
The district has an area of 7,956 km² while according to 2011 census its population is 2,552,073 of which 23.06% were urban.The total population roughly equal to the nation of Kuwait or the US state of Nevada.This gives it a ranking of 165th in India (out of a total of 640).The district has a population density of 321 inhabitants per square kilometre (830 /sq mi).
The Godavari River enters into Telangana from Nizamabad district at Kandhakurthi.
|Proportion to Andhra Pradesh Population||3.01%||3.08%|
|Sex Ratio (Per 1000)||1038||1017|
|Child Sex Ratio (0-6 Age)||946||959|
|Per Capita Income||Rs 26,241|
Cities and towns in Nizamabad Dist
Amenities and Infrastructural facilities
- Municipal Corporation : Nizamabad
- Municipalities : 1. Bodhan 2.Kamareddy 3.Armoor
- No. of Revenue Divisions : 3
- Total No. of Villages : 922
- Un-Inhabited Villages : 64
- Total No. of Gram Panchayath : 718
- Primary Schools : 1811
- Upper Primary Schools : 611
- High Schools : 702
- Intermediate Colleges : 102
- Engineering Colleges : 09
- Govt Medical Colleges : 01
- Private Medical Colleges : 02
- MBA Colleges : 03
- MCA Colleges : 03
- B.Ed.Colleges : 10
In 2006 the Indian government named Nizāmābād one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the ten districts of Telangana currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
In 2007–2008 the International Institute for Population Sciences interviewed 1015 households in 41 villages across the district. They found that 95.3% had access to electricity, 98.2% had drinking water, 37.7% toilet facilities, and 30.4% lived in a pucca (permanent) home. 17.6% of girls wed before the legal age of 18 and 84.1% of interviewees carried a BPL card.
Industries and Public Sector Undertakings
- Nizam Deccan Sugar Ltd, Shakkar nagar, Bodhan
- Indur Green power Pvt. Ltd., Renzal (V) & (M)
- Sukhjit starch mills, Nizamabad
- Nizamabad corn products, Nizamabad
- AGA Publications, Vaartha News paper, Nizamabad
- Nizamabad Agro Pvt. Ltd., Nizamabad
- Sri Vajra granites, Basavapur (V), Bhiknoor (M)
- NCS Gayatri sugars, Adloor, Yellareddy (V), Sadashivanagar (M)
- Vamsi Krishna Binny Rice Mill, Nizamabad
- Nizamabad Cooperative sugas, Sarangapur, Nizamabad
|Mandal Code||Mandal Name||Mandal Code||Mandal Name||Mandal Code||Mandal Name|
|7||Kammar palle||19||Birkoor||31||Naga Reddipet|
Nizamabad District Urban Population 2011
Out of the total Nizamabad population for 2011 census, 23.06 percent lives in urban regions of district. In total 588,372 people lives in urban areas of which males are 291,804 and females are 296,568. Sex Ratio in urban region of Nizamabad district is 1016 as per 2011 census data. Similarly child sex ratio in Nizamabad district was 962 in 2011 census. Child population (0-6) in urban region was 67,471 of which males and females were 34,381 and 33,090. This child population figure of Nizamabad district is 11.78% of total urban population. Average literacy rate in Nizamabad district as per census 2011 is 77.22% of which males and females are 84.31% and 70.29% literates respectively. In actual number 402,216 people are literate in urban region of which males and females are 217,030 and 185,186 respectively.
- Malavath Purna, a 13 year old student from Nizamabad became the youngest person ever to climb the Mount Everest when she reached the peak on 25 May 2014. She was accompanied by Sadanapalli Anand, another 17 year old student from Khammam.
- Nikhat Zareen is an Indian boxer who won gold medals at International Boxing Tournaments .
- "Notification" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Government of India. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Level Household and Facility Survey (DLHS-3), 2007-08: India. Andhra Prades" (PDF). International Institute for Population Sciences and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "How Do I? : Obtain Marriage Certificate". National Portal Content Management Team, National Informatics Centre. 2005. Retrieved 2011-10-03. "To be eligible for marriage, the minimum age limit is 21 for males and 18 for females."
- nizamabad.nic.in. "Mandals List". Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "13-year-old Purna becomes youngest girl to scale Everest". The Times of India. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nizamabad district.|
|Nanded district, Maharashtra||Karimnagar district|
|Bidar district, Karnataka||Medak district|