نظام آباد ضلع
|District of Telangana|
Qilla Nizamabad district
Location in Telangana, India
(Officially from 2nd June 2014)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nizam + Abad = Nizam, governor (of the empire) from Arabic Niẓam, Abād means City.
The district has an area of 7,956 km² while according to 2011 census its population is 2,552,073 of which 23.06% were urban.The total population roughly equal to the nation of Kuwait or the US state of Nevada.This gives it a ranking of 165th in India (out of a total of 640).The district has a population density of 321 inhabitants per square kilometre (830 /sq mi).
The Godavari River enters into Telangana from Nizamabad district at Kandhakurthi.
Out of the total Nizamabad population for 2011 census, 23.06 percent lives in urban regions of district. In total 588,372 people lives in urban areas of which males are 291,804 and females are 296,568. Sex Ratio in urban region of Nizamabad district is 1016 as per 2011 census data. Similarly child sex ratio in Nizamabad district was 962 in 2011 census. Child population (0-6) in urban region was 67,471 of which males and females were 34,381 and 33,090. This child population figure of Nizamabad district is 11.78% of total urban population. Average literacy rate in Nizamabad district as per census 2011 is 77.22% of which males and females are 84.31% and 70.29% literates respectively. In actual number 402,216 people are literate in urban region of which males and females are 217,030 and 185,186 respectively.
|Proportion to Andhra Pradesh Population||3.01%|
|Sex Ratio (Per 1000)||1038|
|Child Sex Ratio (0-6 Age)||946|
|Per Capita Income||Rs 26,241|
Cities and towns in district
With major irrigation projects like Sri Ram Sagar (Pochampahad), Nizam Sagar, Pocharam, Ali Sagar Lift Irrigation, and the Gupta Lift Irrigation agriculture has flourished, and the major crops grown are sugarcane, turmeric, rice, maize, sorghum, pearl millet, and all types of vegetables.
There are many industries in Nizamabad. There are also industries in the public sector as well. Some of them include Nizam Deccan Sugar Ltd., Shakkar Nagar, Indur Green power Pvt. Ltd., and Nizamabad Corn Products.Nizam Deccan Sugar Factory was the biggest sugar factory in Asia during the reign of Nizams.
In 2006 the Indian government named Nizāmābād one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the ten districts of Telangana currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
In 2007–2008 the International Institute for Population Sciences interviewed 1015 households in 41 villages across the district. They found that 95.3% had access to electricity, 98.2% had drinking water, 37.7% toilet facilities, and 30.4% lived in a pucca (permanent) home. 17.6% of girls wed before the legal age of 18 and 84.1% of interviewees carried a BPL card.
|Mandal Code||Mandal Name||Mandal Code||Mandal Name||Mandal Code||Mandal Name|
|7||Kammar palle||19||Birkoor||31||Naga Reddipet|
Many engineering colleges are located the district. Vijay Rural Engineering College, Nizamabad (VREC), affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) is the reputed engineering college located in Telangana. Kakatiya Junior College of Nizamabad is one of the most famous colleges in state of Telangana and the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
Telangana University is a public university under the government of AP, located at Dichpally, 15 km from the city. There are many educational institutions that provide education namely VREC, Arkay College of Engineering and Technology, Kshatriya College of Engineering, Kakatiya Engineering College for Women, Government Medical College, Nishitha Degree College, etc.
- Malavath Purna, a 13 year old student from Nizamabad became the youngest person ever to climb the Mount Everest when she reached the peak on 25 May 2014. She was accompanied by Sadanapalli Anand, another 17 year old student from Khammam.
- Nikhat Zareen is an Indian boxer who won gold medals at International Boxing Tournaments .
- Yendala Soundarya is the vice-captian of Indian women's national field hockey team.
- Nithiin is an Indian film actor, who works primarily for the Telugu film industry.
- Sagar Bhogaraju is a young scientist who is in the limelight after his research work in structural biology and biochemistry which was presented at the prestigious Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry in Munich, Germany.
- "Notification" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Government of India. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Level Household and Facility Survey (DLHS-3), 2007-08: India. Andhra Prades" (PDF). International Institute for Population Sciences and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "How Do I? : Obtain Marriage Certificate". National Portal Content Management Team, National Informatics Centre. 2005. Retrieved 2011-10-03. "To be eligible for marriage, the minimum age limit is 21 for males and 18 for females."
- nizamabad.nic.in. "Mandals List". Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Arkay College of Engineering & Technology
- Welcome to Kshatriya College of Engineering - KCEA website
- Nizamabad Medical College
- "13-year-old Purna becomes youngest girl to scale Everest". The Times of India. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nizamabad district.|
|Nanded district, Maharashtra||Karimnagar district|
|Bidar district, Karnataka||Medak district|