A temple in Domakonda of Nizamabad district
Nizāmābād (Indhooru) District (Telugu: నిజామాబాద్ జిల్లా) is located in the north-western region in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is also known as Induru. Nizāmābād is the current and official name of the district.
It is the second least populous district of Andhra Pradesh (out of 23), after Vizianagaram.
Nizām + Abād = 2011Nizām, governor (of the empire) from Arabic niẓām, Abād means Long Live.
The holy Godavari River enters into Andhra Pradesh from Nizamabad district at Kandhakurthi.
|Proportion to Andhra Pradesh Population
|Sex Ratio (Per 1000)
|Child Sex Ratio (0-6 Age)
Cities and towns in Nizamabad District 
In 2006 the Indian government named Nizāmābād one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the thirteen districts in Andhra Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Household indicators 
In 2007–2008 the International Institute for Population Sciences interviewed 1015 households in 41 villages across the district. They found that 95.3% had access to electricity, 98.2% had drinking water, 37.7% toilet facilities, and 30.4% lived in a pucca (permanent) home. 17.6% of girls wed before the legal age of 18 and 84.1% of interviewees carried a BPL card.
There are 36 mandals in Nizāmābād district.
According to the 2011 census Nizāmābād district has a population of 2,552,073, roughly equal to the nation of Kuwait or the US state of Nevada. This gives it a ranking of 165th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 321 inhabitants per square kilometre (830 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 8.8%. Nizamabad has a sex ratio of 1038 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 62.25%.
- ^ a b c d e f g "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c "District Level Household and Facility Survey (DLHS-3), 2007-08: India. Andhra Prades" (PDF). International Institute for Population Sciences and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^ "How Do I? : Obtain Marriage Certificate". National Portal Content Management Team, National Informatics Centre. 2005. Retrieved 2011-10-03. "To be eligible for marriage, the minimum age limit is 21 for males and 18 for females."
- ^ nizamabad.nic.in. "Mandals List". Retrieved December 04, 2012.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Kuwait 2,595,62"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Nevada 2,700,551"
External links 
Coordinates: 18°41′N 78°6′E / 18.683°N 78.100°E